Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Central Regional Semifinal Discussion

2 nights, 2 completely different games, 2 NW wins. Saturday wasn't much for basketball. Spread 'em out and play 1 on 1 everywhere. Whereas last night NW was able to be NW. Augie doesn't have a defender who can stay with Pitts 1v1 so when he drove there had to be help which left other guys open and thus the assists or even the extra pass after for a shot. Matchup wise for NW I'd rather play Augie every time over UIU. At some point people are going to realize NW is more than just Pitts and are pretty good at 2-5.

NW's biggest advantage statistically thus far has been offensive rebounding. NW is rebounding 40% of their misses which is elite (compared to roughly 36% for the season which is still elite).

SMSU has looked pretty good in their 2 games thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by colt45 View Post
      Beyer asserting himself on the weak defenders of Schneider and Welte is nice but otherwise the Bearcats D is absolutely suffocating.
      Credit to Beyer for having a good game. I will give you Welty is not a strong defender and is just a freshman. However, in 4 years of his career, you are he first person I have ever heard call Schneider a weak defender. He is not the most athletic but he's smart and knows how to position himself. He has guarded guards, forwards, and posts. He stepped in as freshman to defend UCM post player and did admirably before losing in OT to the eventual national champs. He has guarded opposing guards and held up more than adequate against Schilling the previous 2 years. Even some Augie posters said he did as good a job on Schilling as anyone they had seen.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
        Credit to Beyer for having a good game. I will give you Welty is not a strong defender and is just a freshman. However, in 4 years of his career, you are he first person I have ever heard call Schneider a weak defender. He is not the most athletic but he's smart and knows how to position himself. He has guarded guards, forwards, and posts. He stepped in as freshman to defend UCM post player and did admirably before losing in OT to the eventual national champs. He has guarded opposing guards and held up more than adequate against Schilling the previous 2 years. Even some Augie posters said he did as good a job on Schilling as anyone they had seen.
        I believe Welty will become a better defender than Schneider, just needs to add a little weight to his wiry frame. Schneider is an above average defender because he plays really good team defense. Probably not the best solo defender though.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
          I believe Welty will become a better defender than Schneider, just needs to add a little weight to his wiry frame. Schneider is an above average defender because he plays really good team defense. Probably not the best solo defender though.
          Agreed on all accounts. Welty needs to add strength and he is more athletic than Zach. Zach has limitations but he plays well within the system and that makes him a good defender (that's the positioning piece I referenced).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X