Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    This was our first time playing the No. 1 team in the country in 10 years (2007 NSIC Championship). I thought we played a heck of a game, even though it sucks that the season is over.

Will be interesting to see how we bounce back next year. All five starters return, but two of the three bench players we saw last night do not. Don't exactly have ready-made replacements in line, so it will be interesting to see what happens. It's too bad some of the defections over the past few years hadn't happened, because some of them could really help us next year (and could've this year).
    3 seniors gone.

Dufault should be able to replace Ozzy and actually play more minutes.

We will really miss Joey as he was a difference maker this year. Those points need to be made up with a combo of lee and Shafer scoring more -- which I think can and should happen. Then you have the 2 redshirts as bit players - Vydal and Braeden

Mitch - we will miss his rebounding, grit, effort, etc. May need a JUCO unless those redshirts can do that stuff (no idea)

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Congrats to the Mustangs on a hard fought game.
      Bearcats as well. was a helluva game -- even if it was not the pace score etc expected. both teams left it all out there

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
        While Bellarmine is disciplined, that's not the best description of how they play. They execute half court offense beautifully, but are probably at their very best when they push the ball up the court. They perrenially lead the nation in field goal percentage and did again this year. They led the GLVC in field goal percentage and in defensive field goal percentage allowed. This is probably as good a statistical 1-2 punch as you are going to find. I have said it before on the Midwest board, but simply put: there is no better coached basketball team on the face of the planet (with apologies to the San Antonio Spurs). Bellarmine also has some talented players, but there are teams with more talent in D2.
        So, in short, they are disciplined (do the right thing)??

You just used more words than I did! :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X