Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

Should be a fun one!

I'm a little less confident after seeing how Northwest came out against Augustana, but all I'm asking is that we keep it close. Because as I've said all season long....if we are in a tight game at the end, I like our chances. The fact we're 14-2 in games decided by four or less points or played in overtime is no fluke.

Re: NCAA Division II Central Regional Championship: Southwest at Northwest

no it isn't a fluke......but yer confidence about a regional final opp was always misplaced....not bc of nwms but rather everyone you see this deep into the tourney is going to be good and playing well whether we'd won or not last night and that was the only place you'd see us......

i would imagine it'll be a heck of a battle.

i guess i never understood the ui consternation. they got some big wins this yr which always made them dangerous.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
      no it isn't a fluke......but yer confidence about a regional final opp was always misplaced....not bc of nwms but rather everyone you see this deep into the tourney is going to be good and playing well whether we'd won or not last night and that was the only place you'd see us......

i would imagine it'll be a heck of a battle.

i guess i never understood the ui consternation. they got some big wins this yr which always made them dangerous.
      It was due to losing a head to head with the only other team that was being considered to replace them. A team that also played the team you are about to play to a one point game and then handled them the 2nd go around. But that's in the past. Go Stangs

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Should be a fun one!

I'm a little less confident after seeing how Northwest came out against Augustana, but all I'm asking is that we keep it close. Because as I've said all season long....if we are in a tight game at the end, I like our chances. The fact we're 14-2 in games decided by four or less points or played in overtime is no fluke.
        Those into analytics would argue that is exactly what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          It was due to losing a head to head with the only other team that was being considered to replace them. A team that also played the team you are about to play to a one point game and then handled them the 2nd go around. But that's in the past. Go Stangs
          uh....what

that is a convoluted mess
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
            uh....what

that is a convoluted mess
            Me thinks you need to consider the source! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Uhhh, could you repeat the part where you talked about the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                Me thinks you need to consider the source! :)
                the nsu fan? i wouldn't know never seen him before.
                or noticed anyway
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

If Woods is good to go and guards Bruggeman then I like our chances a lot. If he can't go or isn't up to his usual standards then I think we are looking at about a 50/50 game with more of an edge still to NW. People are saying the game last night is more of the NW we know but to be honest, their shooting percentages were low by season standards. We shot 45% overall and 29% from 3. Our season averages are 51% and 42% in those categories. Granted competition is tougher so you may not get to your averages but I thought NW played a good game but they can play even better than that. That's scary.

Ndow's game is not shooting 3's but if he hits 1 or 2 he becomes very tough to guard with his ability to slash to the basket being his strength because of his strength and athletic ability.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                    If Woods is good to go and guards Bruggeman then I like our chances a lot. If he can't go or isn't up to his usual standards then I think we are looking at about a 50/50 game with more of an edge still to NW. People are saying the game last night is more of the NW we know but to be honest, their shooting percentages were low by season standards. We shot 45% overall and 29% from 3. Our season averages are 51% and 42% in those categories. Granted competition is tougher so you may not get to your averages but I thought NW played a good game but they can play even better than that. That's scary.

Ndow's game is not shooting 3's but if he hits 1 or 2 he becomes very tough to guard with his ability to slash to the basket being his strength because of his strength and athletic ability.
                    I'm sorry, I know he's an excellent coach, but if Woods isn't good to go then that's entirely on McCollum making a really, really silly and unnecessary mistake. You guys were up 19 with 90 seconds to go (maybe less) and Billeter had cleared Augie's bench. The fact that McCollum still had a single starter in at that point is just a weird and ultimately very bad decision. Especially if it ended up resulting in an injury that hampers a key starter before the Regional Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Ndow's 3 pt. shooting was the diff. A couple more shots go in and you are approaching those avg's. NW still has more left. But the FT shooting woes are real.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                        I'm sorry, I know he's an excellent coach, but if Woods isn't good to go then that's entirely on McCollum making a really, really silly and unnecessary mistake. You guys were up 19 with 90 seconds to go (maybe less) and Billeter had cleared Augie's bench. The fact that McCollum still had a single starter in at that point is just a weird and ultimately very bad decision. Especially if it ended up resulting in an injury that hampers a key starter before the Regional Championship game.
                        He was just about to come out. NW had it's bench ready to come in the next dead ball. It's not like McCollum had Pitts on the floor.
                        It was a freak injury, no ones fault.

Comment

Slow down there. There were 3 starters on the court at the time and they subbed out on the next dead ball. He had already sent the subs to the table. Nothing weird about it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
                            He was just about to come out. NW had it's bench ready to come in the next dead ball. It's not like McCollum had Pitts on the floor.
                            It was a freak injury, no ones fault.
                            Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                            Slow down there. There were 3 starters on the court at the time and they subbed out on the next dead ball. He had already sent the subs to the table. Nothing weird about it at all.
                            Fair enough. Just seemed he had already sent the other two bench guys in and it's not like Woods was shooting free throws or something, so it doesn't make a ton of sense as to why McCollum didn't take 'em all out. I'm not complaining in the sense that, as a fan, I don't personally take that as some sort of insult or anything (leaving starters in at the end, I mean...I generally think people who get worked up about that are overreacting), I just think if he had the chance to get them out, which it appeared he did, and hadn't yet, I wasn't understanding why.

Again, not a complaint. More of an observation.

Comment

Fair enough. Just seemed he had already sent the other two bench guys in and it's not like Woods was shooting free throws or something, so it doesn't make a ton of sense as to why McCollum didn't take 'em all out. I'm not complaining in the sense that, as a fan, I don't personally take that as some sort of insult or anything (leaving starters in at the end, I mean...I generally think people who get worked up about that are overreacting), I just think if he had the chance to get them out, which it appeared he did, and hadn't yet, I wasn't understanding why.

Again, not a complaint. More of an observation.
                              I believe McCollum was wanting to give the Seniors a standing ovation for being subbed out. He has done this many times this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X