Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alumnifan
    replied
    Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

All three games on Saturday at the Ford center will be streamed live on ESPN 3.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I am not sure who is taking the sideline pictures but I really like them. Shows a lot about our team.

Happy found a pretty good replacement for Elkins. Quinn can do most everything as well as Elkins.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

The usi - kwc game will be streamed live on watch ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Malek Harris has yet to play a game. I don't know how well he will play next semester when he is eligible, but his talent is among the best in d2 if he wants it to be. Good article today about the team. http://www.kwcpanthers.com

Leave a comment:

• WKYDave
    replied

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Not that you would be intelligent enough to figure to out, but it's called a spin. Jacks was fine and playing the next game. Don't believe everything you hear and read in the press. Same with the freshman who all of a sudden went home because he had a concussion. Sure he did. lol!
    Really, Rick Pitino is providing spin for KWC!!! LOL please keep posting this stupid stuff it makes you more irrelevant! I know a troll like you would fall for the trap to make you look foolish!!!

Rick Pitino spinning KWC in his post-game news conference....ha ha ha ha!!! Thank you for discrediting yourself!!!

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Kentucky Wesleyan's only ranking you can go by are the current PI that schnautza puts out and what you see on Massey. Massey has the most accurate and up to date Ratings in pretty much every sport.

WKU is ranked 151 in Massey. That is out of all college basketball teams in the country, D1, D2, D3, NAIA, USCA, NCCAA, all of them. Louisville is ranked 6 in all of college basketball. Lincoln Memorial is ranked 179. USI is ranked 313, and KWC is ranked 368.

USI has a slight edge percentage wise according to Massey. KWC has virtually no chance against LMU. Massey gives KWC a 22 percent chance of beating LMU. KWC has a 47 percent chance of beating USI. So, we don't really know for sure which team is going to show up when USI plays KWC. The team that wants it the most will win it. The team that has worked the hardest and prepared the most will win it.

What I do know is that KWC is very much an NCAA quality team in D2. The rankings show them being well in the top 50. If things go well for the Panthers this weekend, they will garner a much higher ranking. I will not predict who will win any of the games. I know if Michael Vigilance can stay out of foul trouble, and throw down a double/double, that will help a lot. If KenJah Bosley can score over 24 points and if Foster along with the rest of the team can have a positive assist to turnover ratio, and if Jordan Jacks can get a double/double, KWC has a chance to win both games.

LMU is good, but they are not as good as WKU, who KWC played without the services of Jordan Jacks, our preseason All-American and he is getting some time to shake that fog out of his head this week. Jordan Jacks should be a player against LMU. My only concern is that he stays healthy for the USI game, because that is the one I really want him to win. Happy wants to knock it out of the ball park and win both games.

Any news on ticket sales, attendance predictions?

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Lincoln Memorial has it all big strong fast players that have meshed together very quickly. I think they are better than WKU.

Do not down play the Wesleyan wins. Both teams played very hard and gave it their all. Our size and having two of the best players in D2 made the difference.

Several of our players have to get better. Not playing for a year is showing. I expect them to play/shoot better as the season goes along.

Friday and Saturday will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied

KWC had better not be preoccupied about playing USI. Lincoln Memorial is probably the best team KWC will play this year. I would have ranked Lincoln #1 in D2, but I didn't get a vote. There are going to be some good teams that lose two games in this HOF showcase and I am not inferring that it will be KWC. It could be, it could also be BU, USI, or somebody else.

Leave a comment:

• Purplebuckeye
    replied

I agree, better players, conference, but when was the last time you guys won the regular season championship ?? Listen dude, with the size school you are, u should have moved up to D 1 by now, don't u think?? I am surprised the powers to be is content with the Watson regime?? Are you??

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Jacks did not play in the double ot loss to wku.

Leave a comment:

• EaglesPride
    replied

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
    God you are such a troll.....If you have the mental capacity click this link and listen to the first 8 seconds and never post to this board again...make USI fans miserable with your idiocy.

http://www.courier-journal.com/media...sleyan-109-71/
    Not that you would be intelligent enough to figure to out, but it's called a spin. Jacks was fine and playing the next game. Don't believe everything you hear and read in the press. Same with the freshman who all of a sudden went home because he had a concussion. Sure he did. lol!

Leave a comment:

• WKYDave
    replied

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
    KWC fans always make excuses. That, and last week the lies about Jacks being "hurt" and the freshman suddenly "withdrawing" from school. USI is going to hand KWC a drubbing, accept it. USI plays in a much better league and has better players. I think the Eagles win by 20-25 points, the excuses by KWC fans will be "it's too early" and "we don't have enough players." lol!
    God you are such a troll.....If you have the mental capacity click this link and listen to the first 8 seconds and never post to this board again...make USI fans miserable with your idiocy.

http://www.courier-journal.com/media...sleyan-109-71/

Leave a comment:

• EaglesPride
    replied

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
    They are definitely playing like a team full of newcomers, too bad we are playing USI so early in season
    KWC fans always make excuses. That, and last week the lies about Jacks being "hurt" and the freshman suddenly "withdrawing" from school. USI is going to hand KWC a drubbing, accept it. USI plays in a much better league and has better players. I think the Eagles win by 20-25 points, the excuses by KWC fans will be "it's too early" and "we don't have enough players." lol!

Leave a comment:

• Purplebuckeye
    replied

They are definitely playing like a team full of newcomers, too bad we are playing USI so early in season

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I got the audio on wbio. 84 - 76 Wesleyan. Wbio did a good job.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X