Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 9
    replied
    Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Rumor.....scrimmaged Fairmont State three 20 minute periods. won by 2, lost by 8, won by 18.

Watching D1 teams I think the one and done has really hurt some schools. Lots of D2 type players on the roster and the one and done hopeful guys just want to look good and get drafted. Those that are able to get the fifth year seniors are smart but hurt underclassmen growth.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Amen

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    I edited my previous post. I hate using a phone. I am unsure about elkins eligibility. He needs some playing time this year, because it seems to me he needs to play.

My understanding is that he will not lose a year if he plays the second semester. He loses one semester.
    Well, you're right, technically, but only playing 1/2 a year is a wasted year, IMO. We'll see what happens, my biggest thing is just that the kid's OK when all is said and done. Concussions can be nasty things, so I just hope he comes out of it healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Redshirt would be good. he needs a couple of lbs and if he can practice. I also expect one of his friends to look toward W to transfer.

Bell lost another player this week. I would suggest looking at their game tonight.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I edited my previous post. I hate using a phone. I am unsure about elkins eligibility. He needs some playing time this year, because it seems to me he needs to play.

My understanding is that he will not lose a year if he plays the second semester. He loses one semester.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

KWC will have a Purple/White scrimmage next Monday, admission cost is a canned good or toiletry which will be donated to the Pitino Shelter.

http://www.kwcpanthers.com/news/2016...px?path=mbball

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Happy stated in kwc 's YouTube video that Ellis concussion was serious and he had dropped out to go home and focus on his recovery with his family
    So, he had to be taken off the roster. Happy also stated that he expects him back next semester. Harris and a healthy elkins being back will add some depth for the post season play. That is what Happy wants, and the team could make a run. They are going to take some losses, but it's about having a great team when it really about. Whether Wesleyan will be thrashed this week. At least four players, and thee of those players have already played Louisville. I expect Happy is going to wku with the intention of winning. Wesleyan will never back down from wku, they haven't since the 1920 - 21 season.
    Oh, I see. I haven't seen that video yet but I'm going to look it up asap. Without having watched it yet, my guess is when Happy says he expects him back next semester it would be back in school - even if he has technically recovered enough to play it doesn't make any sense to use up a full year of eligibility for only the second semester when he hasn't redshirted and also has a medical reason to sit out.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Happy stated in kwc 's YouTube video that Elkins concussion was serious and he had dropped out to go home and focus on his recovery with his family.

So, he had to be taken off the roster. Happy also stated that he expects him back next semester. Harris and a healthy elkins being back will add some depth for the post season play. That is what Happy wants, and the team could make a run. They are going to take some losses, but it's about having a great team when it really counts. Whether Wesleyan will be thrashed this week. At least four players, and thee of those players have already played Louisville without fear and success. Jacks can rebound, run, defend and score against any college team. I expect Happy is going to wku with the intention of winning. Wesleyan will never back down from wku, they haven't since the 1920 - 21 season.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 11-02-2016, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
    As you can tell she doesn't know what the hell she is talking about...
    I definitely had noticed.

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Excuse me, I haven't replied to your comments about KWC and our posters on your thread so I'll thank you for staying off of ours. "lol"
    I sure wished she'd stay over here on your thread. As you can tell she doesn't know what the hell she is talking about calling your fan base small when only a measly few hundred show up for USI anymore.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
    "LOL!" Have fun with your 50 points beatings in the upcoming exhibitions. See you Nov. 19. Make sure you show up, I hear KWC's fan base is very small. lol
    Excuse me, I haven't replied to your comments about KWC and our posters on your thread so I'll thank you for staying off of ours. "lol"

Leave a comment:

• EaglesPride
    replied

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Yep that's a 'whoops'

Meanwhile, USI getting beat by Purdue by only 22 apparently means they will stomp KWC by 20-25 in the HoF Classic. This coming from Watson's biggest fan, and a guy (or girl) that's never even seen our team - but they have the best point guard in the country, apparently. Anyway...we'll see.
    "LOL!" Have fun with your 50 points beatings in the upcoming exhibitions. See you Nov. 19. Make sure you show up, I hear KWC's fan base is very small. lol

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I guess he had to drop out of school. I hope we are taking care of him (staying in close contact) and that he is able to come back.

I thought USI had some D1 players and Purdue had some D2 players.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Wesleyan is down to 8 scholarship players. Elkins is out for the semester. He probably will come back for the second semester. Stanford is a walk on, I think. However, I saw his ability last season. They will be competitive in the exhibition games. I know nothing about Purdue other than a little jingle that has something to do with an outhouse. I know very little about this year's team, other than a few player's ability. I do think they will be a very good team. I would never write off Alderson broaddus and cedarville has some really good talent. I am not really feeling it the first semester. We'll see.
    Harris isn't eligible until second semester. Since he's already sat out a year my guess is he'll be active and play the second half. Elkins is no longer listed on the roster, but it was previously stated that he was out for the season so I'm hoping it's just a medical redshirt and he'll be back next year.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Wesleyan is down to 8 scholarship players. Elkins is out for the semester. He probably will come back for the second semester. Stanford is a walk on, I think. However, I saw his ability last season. They will be competitive in the exhibition games. I know nothing about Purdue other than a little jingle that has something to do with an outhouse. I know very little about this year's team, other than a few player's ability. I do think they will be a very good team. I would never write off Alderson broaddus and cedarville has some really good talent. I am not really feeling it the first semester. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X