Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 9
    replied
    Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Stop it...you can not use thought on this site... thought is not allowed. Just go to a truck stop rest room and repeat what you see on the walls.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Someone said we only had two good players all the others were really bad. I am wondering who are the good two. The one that scored 39 points and miss one shot all night? The one that had his usual double double? The one that was one asst from a double double. Maybe the one that scored 14 points in 11 minutes. Maybe one of those players that only missed one shot all night. It is really good to have just two players and bring home a 39 point win.
    I thought the same thing but what do we know we're just ignorant KWC fans.

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    That's quite a stat line for Bosley.
    yes the 8 for 8 from 3 point is really impressive. I don't care if they were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, making all 8 of your 3's in competition is Curryesque.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Someone said we only had two good players all the others were really bad. I am wondering who are the good two. The one that scored 39 points and miss one shot all night? The one that had his usual double double? The one that was one asst from a double double. Maybe the one that scored 14 points in 11 minutes. Maybe one of those players that only missed one shot all night. It is really good to have just two players and bring home a 39 point win.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Didn't realize until a few minutes ago that KWU would be playing Winona State (Central Region team, conference is the NSIC) this Friday. Should be really interesting to see how that match-up goes, as we typically don't see a ton of NSIC teams venturing into G-MAC territory, or Midwest Region territory in general.

Winona is a team that was picked to finish 5th in the conference due to returning talent, but they're also the kind of team I could see finishing 6th-8th and I wouldn't be shocked at all. They're really, really strong defensively (they were one of the top defensive teams in the country last year and bring back many of their key players) and, on paper, should be a pretty solid offensive team based on their talent, but for some reason they don't score as much as one would expect. Maybe because their grinding defense keeps overall point totals so low? I don't know.

Either way, it will be cool to see how the match-up goes. Like I said, there isn't often a ton of NSIC/Midwest Region crossover action that I'm aware of other than a few match-ups with some of the Michigan teams each year and a match-up or two against Wisconsin-Parkside.

P.S. I'm not one of those guys that "hopes our conference/region is well-represented" if my team isn't involved in the game. I hope KWU wins by 30. :)

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied

That's quite a stat line for Bosley.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I will break down the stats on the Kentucky State Game, but I will also post a link directly to the box score. Wesleyan did tonight what they have failed to do with efficiency in their other games. They had an assist to turnover ratio of +5. That is a huge stat. People will look at the other stats and pass that by, but it's the first thing I look at because it tells me they are passing the ball and taking care of the ball.

Their shooting percentages were phenomenal even if they were playing Ursuline. Bosley did tonight what I have wanted him to do from the get go. This is his team, man. It belongs to him. He went 11 of 12 from the field and hit 8 of 8 three pointers. Cheater, please! Each team had an equal number of rebounds, but Wesleyan didn't have as many chances for offensive rebounds as KSU. Wesleyan shot 66.1% from the field and hit 12 of 14 three pointers.

They put five players in double figures and Bosley scored 39 points. Nine players played double minutes and Kentucky Wesleyan beat Kentucky State, 120-81.

What about Adam Stanford? He was their most efficient player in the SCB Hall of Fame games.

Sam Williams and Michael Vigilance fouled out. Williams only played 11 minutes and he had 14 points.

Bosley has this kind of game in him. There had to be something said among the team and I think it was good for everybody involved. Malek Harris is on the team next semester, and that is when we get into conference play and he will travel with them to Michigan Tech.

http://www.kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=6332&path=mbball

Last edited by alumnifan; 11-23-2016, 03:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I sure hope that second half team sticks around

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

That second half was crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Entire KWC team kid napped at half time replace by Golden State Warriors.

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

You have 2 talented players and the rest are highly overrated....

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Bottom line is we have a lot of extremely talented players that haven't figured out how to play as a team yet. When (if) they do, we will be hard to beat for anyone. There were some bright spots in these games, though not as many as you'd hope to see...but I think the beginning of the LMU game, and the end of the USI game shows how good we can be. We just have to put together a full 40 minutes of that kind of effort. Sam Williams showed he can completely take over a game offensively in that second half yesterday. I hope he stays in that mode for the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Purplebuckeye
    replied

True, all the more reason to play Vigilance, 2 years with him. I guess it's hard for me buy into Derksen, early though . I wonder how Malek looks in practice ??

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Williams hitting his stride...Hatton should be next... I expect Foster to be on his game/play like a two guard...we need to run more plays for our seniors..important game!!

K state up and down..tonight my guess is up. Smith is a hand full.

Leave a comment:

• UIndyGradyGreyhound
    replied

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    There are people on this board who are preoccupied with firing coaches. The solution to every athletic team's problems is not to fire the coach. Happy Osborne has a tremendous life time record coaching basketball. He did not all of a sudden become a bad coach because KWC lost two straight to good teams. Secondly, good coaches do not grow on trees. If KWC (or USI or Bellarmine, or Drury, etc.) decided to fire their coach today, there is not some list of hot shot guaranteed winners who they can swoop in and hire. Look at the struggles Bellarmine had finding a good coach, even though as D2 goes, the Bellarmine job is a pretty good one. It is a flourishing school with an administration that wants to support basketball and other athletics. It can pay a good salary and yet, if Scotty walked out the door tomorrow, I have no idea who they would hire who could win as consistently as Scotty.
    You are right with this. They are mostly USI fans and have some vendetta against their own school because they fired a coach who got caught cheating the Herdes guy. I never saw a bigger bunch of bozos than USI fans. We have our share of idiots at UIndy, but nothing like a couple of these USI posters I put them on ignore. Bellarmine does things right from what I seen over the years, respect for their program. Not so much KWC and USI, they both were caught doing things wrong. The KWC fans at least support their coach, the USI fans are a bunch of spoiled brats. More call to dislike USI.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
    Surprised Derksen starting over Vigilance
    Giving him a chance to go in and act right. If he doesn't he'll ride the pine. Reminds me of how he handled Langford his first season. He came around and had a decent JR year and a very good SR year...unfortunately Derksen doesn't have that long to get right.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X