Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OVC to invite USI

Isn't happening, Alphabet Bennett and her administration would not be able to handle the transition to DI. Hell, from what I hear that are practically destroying the university anyways, dropping enrollment, buildings that are way behind schedule, faculty want a vote of no confidence in the Provost, etc.

Comment

It's a farce

Comment

Not happening...Sean Spicer Stan is making things up

Comment

fake news

Comment

The OVC might loose a team, but I don't see a replacement with a D2 team much less Southern Indiana. Bellarmine is the only D2 school that I think be interested.

Comment

Bellarmine doesn't have the facilities bud

Comment

If a D1 conf is choosing between usi and bell, for multiple reasons they'll go with bu 7 days a week and twice on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                  Facilities for what? Only 3 teams in the Ohio Valley averaged more attendance in men's basketball than what Knights Hall seats. SIUE could play in Maryville's gym and not have a capacity problem.

Comment

Gyms have to be a certain size/standard for D I.

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                    Facilities for what? Only 3 teams in the Ohio Valley averaged more attendance in men's basketball than what Knights Hall seats. SIUE could play in Maryville's gym and not have a capacity problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                      Gyms have to be a certain size/standard for D I.
                      There are 12 D1 men's basketball programs that have gyms that seat less than 2,000.

South Carolina Upstate went D1 in 2011 and their gym seats 830 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                        Their multi-purpose stadium is good enough to allow Louisville to have hosted the NCAA Fall Sports Festival in recent years, so that definitely helps the non-revenue sports in that regard. If it's good enough to host national championships in soccer, field hockey and women's lacrosse, then I'm sure it's a good enough facility for the OVC (presuming Bellarmine decides to make the jump to D1).

Could Knights Hall be good enough for D1? Maybe, maybe not. But, as a worst case scenario, the Bellarmine campus isn't too far from Freedom Hall, if I'm not mistaken (I'm just basing this on recent trips through Louisville over the past year, so I'm not 100 percent positive about that off the top of my head).
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                          Dave balza was axed too a couple yrs into transition then FGCU hired enfield. Both NKU and FGCU made tourney first yr eligible.
                          Jm won't fire WoD because "he building a new house" and "Weber and lowery said he'd bring USI championships".
                          Meanwhile, USI baseball brought home two national championships to Evansville within the past seven years (2010 and 2014). But, sure, there's no pressure for Watson to bring home a national title in basketball or anything like that...
                          Last edited by ctrabs74; 04-09-2017, 10:56 AM.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Not in the OVC

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                            There are 12 D1 men's basketball programs that have gyms that seat less than 2,000.

South Carolina Upstate went D1 in 2011 and their gym seats 830 people.

Comment

Overall USI's athletics programs are better than Bellarmine...basketball USI is not even close to USI, but when you factor in all athletic teams USI is a lot better. That being said Bellarmine is being ran by a lot smarter people. JMH is a douchebag and Alphabet Bennett has no clue how to run a university.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                                Not in the OVC
                                So the OVC has a requirement that says in order to be in the conference your gym has to seat a certain number of people?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if they do, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. 955 people watched SIUE lose to Missouri Western at home this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X