• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alumnifan
    replied
    Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
    Speaking of not surprised, you're wrong again. You left out drury, parkside although they are leaving after this but they will bring in another just as good, Quincy, Truman, I could go on. Heck if rolla could complete in gmac lol. What did you expect happy Gilmore to say lol!
    Whatever Coach Happy Osborne has to say is more relevant than anything you write. Keep your name calling and coach bashing on the USI thread.

IMO, the Owensboro Sportscenter is being upgraded in order for the facility to host Regional and National NCAA events. The KHSAA could also hold events there other than the KHSAA 3rd Region Basketball Tournament. It is and will be an even greater venue in the near future.

You really know nothing about the G-MAC. Your classless posts regarding your own coach and team is your perogotive. Keep them off this thread.

The G-MAC will give the GLVC a run for their money from here on. Coach Happy Osborne is among the best in the Midwest Region. Kentucky Wesleyan College has the most storied Basketball Program in D2, and the city of Owensboro and the KWC administration will keep it that way.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Speaking of not surprised, you're wrong again. You left out drury, parkside although they are leaving after this but they will bring in another just as good, Quincy, Truman, I could go on. Heck if rolla could complete in gmac lol. What did you expect happy Gilmore to say lol!
    Why don't you two make out and get it over with already. Christ.

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied

GMAC is definitely on the rise at the cost of the GLIAC but still has a way to go to compete with GLVC. GMAC has two contenders this year with Findlay and KWC. The rest of the conference is still weak. Hillsdale is decent and AB is capable but can't really say much for the rest. GLVC still has BU, Lewis, Indy, USI, Drury and Truman even if Parkside has an off year due to the sanctions. GLVC will put at least 4 in the regional with the GMAC getting 2 at most. Now if the GMAC could get Ashland and Indy to move over then they would be the likely stronger conference in basketball.

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
    And there is USI, Bellarmine, Indy, Lewis this year in the GLVC. Top to bottom the leagues are not much different now. That is the point Happy was making, but it flew right over your head, which isn't all that surprising. Lol!

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Very timely three point contest Saturday. My money is on Shelt and Redix. If it is coed I pick Shelt do to her corner shots.

Dunk contest Quinn with Bird second.

Leave a comment:

• Redswin
    replied

And there is USI, Bellarmine, Indy, Lewis this year in the GLVC. Top to bottom the leagues are not much different now. That is the point Happy was making, but it flew right over your head, which isn't all that surprising. Lol!

You need to quit snorting whatever it is up your nose. Gmac had no where else to go but up and it still doesn't match the competitiveness of the glvc. Look out, there's hillsdale, Findlay, and kwc! The other leagues might as well disband. Maybe they'll get there one day but today ain't it. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
    Still trying to spread your poisonous nonsense I see. Lol! With the additions to the GMAC the league top to bottom will be competitive with the GLVC. As I have tried telling you time and time again, living in the past is no way to go through life. Lol!
    You need to quit snorting whatever it is up your nose. Gmac had no where else to go but up and it still doesn't match the competitiveness of the glvc. Look out, there's hillsdale, Findlay, and kwc! The other leagues might as well disband. Maybe they'll get there one day but today ain't it. LOL!
    Last edited by glvcpro; 10-17-2017, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Redswin
    replied

Still trying to spread your poisonous nonsense I see. Lol! With the additions to the GMAC the league top to bottom will be competitive with the GLVC. As I have tried telling you time and time again, living in the past is no way to go through life. Lol!

Unlimited range??? Ha ha okay that's funny right there. Bout as funny as gmac being as good as glvc.

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    He also has unlimited range. I heard from a pretty good source that the mid year transfer will not be coming.
    Unlimited range??? Ha ha okay that's funny right there. Bout as funny as gmac being as good as glvc.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

He also has unlimited range. I heard from a pretty good source that the mid year transfer will not be coming.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

I also listened to it via Sound Cloud. Chandler Redix is a very well spoken young man. If he doesn't end up playing professional basketball at some level he should be able to go on to a very successful broadcasting career. I like that we have a kid like that running point. Happy said he's a Marcus Fillyaw type of player, which is great.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I down loaded sound cloud. That allowed me to listen from my phone. It's a free app. Happy also noted that Findlay will have a great team this year. He noted that the G-MAC should be better than the GLIAC this season and just as good as the GLVC. Some may disagree with that, but I don't.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 10-16-2017, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

thanks for the info. I had an issue getting espn Owensboro.

I had heard Happy had a big coming in second half of the year. We can not have too many coming next year due to juniors this year.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Just listened to the first Happy Hour on 102.7 ESPN The Game. The KWC basketball program is very excited about the upcoming season. Our new players are articulate and excited.

FYI, in addition to the work being done at the Owensboro Sportscenter with a new concession area, new court, and new digital scorer's table, there will also be brand new digital video boards this season. And, next season all new seating will be installed. So, things look great going forward for the KWC team and our Historical and beloved Owensboro Sportscenter.

Coach Osborne also stated that the team will bring in another post player in the second semester. He is hoping that player will be immediately eligible, but the recruit may have to red shirt a semester. It sounds like they are looking at two different post players, which one they decide upon will probably determine if the new player will sit or play in the second semester.

Coach Happy Osborne sounded confident that this team can win in the NCAA tournament this season. I think the fans and opposing teams will be surprised at the new talent coming in.

As far as preseason rankings are concerned, KWC should be a top 25 team in the NABC. As far as preseason rankings are concerned in the G-MAC, it looks like almost a draw between Findlay and the Panthers.

I really believe this team will be very strong in the second semester. The team is working hard and with all the new improvements at the Sportscenter attendance will increase.

The Panthers will have an unknown scrimmage before they play Louisville, and the fans can watch the team in a practice/inter squad scrimmage on October 21st in order for the fans to see this season's team and all the work that has been done at the Sportscenter.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 10-16-2017, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Purplebuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    Yeah, the more I look at Warnock he looks like 6'11" or 7'0". KWC does have size. Happy noted earlier that the team this season would be longer, check. He also stated that the team would be quicker and more athletic. I really want to see what our guards can do. It should be a good season.
    Happy on call in show hinted at some big juco signings for next year

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X