X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 9
    replied
    Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Learning from the best is good...I think we may have too many screws up for games to establish a flow. :)

I still believe we are headed in a good direction.

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied

[QUOTE=Looking For 9;2344660 Seems rotation is driven by mistakes instead of a plan. [/QUOTE]

He is a Scotty disciple and that is the way Scotty does it after the first set of subs which is planned. After that it becomes whoever screws up, they are out at least temporarily.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Coop needs to find ways to get non rushed shots. Better picks and more movement. Seems rotation is driven by mistakes instead of a plan. I like Dixon, Mo, Dang, Bell, Goetz starting. Everyone else should get (experience) some playing time unless their is a plan for redshirts.

Leave a comment:

• WKYDave
    replied

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    I agree, and to be honest we are a pretty good team defensively (for the most part) it's just that we lack any real punch on offense. Hillsdale was the most physical team we have played all year, and we obviously didn't know how to handle it.

Coop was beside himself over Mo's technical last night. We actually had the momentum for the first time in the whole game at that point. Deng ended up getting a little chippy with one of the Hillsdale guys, and then the very next play Mo was called for a foul and then apparently mouthed off to someone...not sure if it was ref or opponent or what ... and that's the moment the wheels fell off entirely. That's really the only point so far this entire season that I was really down on this team. We simply CANNOT afford to be stupid out there. But Coop will clean that up (I will be surprised if Mo plays against Findlay) and we'll keep fighting. The future is still as bright as ever!
    I didn't watch 2nd half but based on 1st half my guess was that Mo mouthed off at Ref. Mo was pushed and hacked all the 1st half and there was never a whistle (he almost got T in 1st half). If he got called for a foul that Hillsdale had been committing all night, I am sure his frustration got the best of him....

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
    Seaton, Fort, and Godwin (great to see him on the bench with his team again!) could take 3 starting roles next season.
    Don't forget about Smith, too...

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

I agree, and to be honest we are a pretty good team defensively (for the most part) it's just that we lack any real punch on offense. Hillsdale was the most physical team we have played all year, and we obviously didn't know how to handle it.

Coop was beside himself over Mo's technical last night. We actually had the momentum for the first time in the whole game at that point. Deng ended up getting a little chippy with one of the Hillsdale guys, and then the very next play Mo was called for a foul and then apparently mouthed off to someone...not sure if it was ref or opponent or what ... and that's the moment the wheels fell off entirely. That's really the only point so far this entire season that I was really down on this team. We simply CANNOT afford to be stupid out there. But Coop will clean that up (I will be surprised if Mo plays against Findlay) and we'll keep fighting. The future is still as bright as ever!

Leave a comment:

• pantherfan
    replied

Coach cooper has to be frustrated. It's clear that when the team will focus on playing their brand (making crisp passes, passing, giving up good shots for better shots) they can play with the best in the league. We saw probably 17 minutes of good basketball last night. Then we saw lazy passes, bad shot selections, and poor defense the other 23 minutes. I understand the youth and the challenges that come with it. I have great excitement for the future. Every Freshman on that bench should be so excited for the opportunities in front of them. I don't know that any current starter should be comfortable with their spot going into the end of the year and into next season. Seaton, Fort, and Godwin (great to see him on the bench with his team again!) could take 3 starting roles next season.

As for the last part of this season, I'm thinking 4-5 more wins max. But that puts the win total in double digits, which was something most of us agreed would be a good mark for such a new and young team. Here's to hoping we put up a good fight tomorrow against a really good Findlay team.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied

I am excited in a general sense about the direction.......but tonight was ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I think it is in a small bubble but it is nice to see excitement around KWC BB.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I assume the coaching staff are at these particular areas recruiting.

Kentucky Wesleyan Football
    ? @kwc_football
    45m45 minutes ago

Panthers on the Prowl...
    @CraigYeast - Indy & Northern KY
    @CoachYoung41 - Grayson & Edmonson Co.
    @CoachDSutton & @MatthewAmburge2 - SWKY
    @CoachMills56 - Shelby Co. & Oldham Co.
    @BrowningAlfonzo - Louisville
    @OLCoach_Ack - Southern IN

#PawsUp #TheWesleyanWay
    0 replies 3 retweets 9 likes

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

No question football staff is working hard. I can never tell just how good a player is by highlights video. It does seem the big guys are awfully slow but I also know Yeast wants to throw the ball and big can help that a bunch. On the D side and runners it looks like he is signing speed even some are somewhat small.

I have looked at the rest of the schedule and can not figure out how WBB and MBB will finish. I do believe Owensboro and students needs to get off their duff and attend games. Theses kids deserve it and it will do wonders for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Football staff is out there signing kids left and right. QB Wiley Cain from Pulaski County looks to be a very high quality addition, and they're going after some huge kids for the offensive and defensive lines. It will be very interesting to see how the product Craig Yeast puts on the field next year compares to past KWC teams, as well as other teams in the G-MAC.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I would like to see KWC get in the G-MAC tournament. I don't know how many wins they will need to do that. Right now they are in 8th place at 5-4. However, Malone is right behind them at 5-5 and Wesleyan has some tough conference games coming up. Malone has a better overall record and they are getting better.

I do think Kentucky Wesleyan a good baseball team next year. They should be competing for a G-MAC Championship.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 01-23-2019, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I think Dang does more good than bad. By blocking out he allows rebounds to be secured by our guards. He guards the rim better than Mo. He has a motor than does not quit. He needs much work but we are better with him than without him.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
    Also, I'm not sure it's a bad thing that Deng isn't playing. I understand the potential he brings. He is athletic and can bring change to a game if he wants to. However, he has been a turnover machine who travels A LOT and doesn't go up for rebounds. I have been underwhelmed by his performances thus far. Yet somehow he has still managed to average 12 pts a game. His monster dunk against Trevecca at home is what I think he can do every game, but those moments have been few and far between. However, because of those moments I do see his upside.
    I agree though we definitely need him playing because we need his athleticism. But the coaching staff have GOT to work with him on his footwork. Assuming he's returning for next season, this summer has to be nothing but footwork footwork footwork all day every day. Get his feet under control, he's got the other tools to be an all-conference type player in the G-MAC. But you can't travel every time you touch the ball.
    Last edited by kdubnation; 01-21-2019, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X