• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkingbroker
    replied
    Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Wod is your guy as he can do that.

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    The other thing I've heard that I might not have mentioned before is they want to put someone in place that will emphasize recruitment of 4 year players so that we aren't constantly stuck with 1 and 2 year transfers making up the whole team.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

The other thing I've heard that I might not have mentioned before is they want to put someone in place that will emphasize recruitment of 4 year players so that we aren't constantly stuck with 1 and 2 year transfers making up the whole team.

Leave a comment:

• Purplebuckeye
    replied

I haven't heard anything new on the coach front except that someone I know mentioned they heard the field was narrowed to 4 at this point. They also stated the admin including AD Mallory and Pres Darrell understand the importance and are aiming for the hire to be a "home run" to build the program back to where it needs to be. That's about the 4th place I've heard that from, so I feel like it carries truth. Also, I've heard that Coach Mays late in the season got a commitment from Sean McNeill who is a HS senior guard that was also being pursued by Bellarmine. Of course, anything recruiting is 'grain of salt' stuff especially since the coaching situation is not settled, but still, it's something I've heard. I also heard that Colton Elkins would be in a KWC uniform (finally) next season.
    To have a fighting chance on getting good recruits, we must get a coach on board. We need someone with energy and enthusiasm

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

I haven't heard anything new on the coach front except that someone I know mentioned they heard the field was narrowed to 4 at this point. They also stated the admin including AD Mallory and Pres Darrell understand the importance and are aiming for the hire to be a "home run" to build the program back to where it needs to be. That's about the 4th place I've heard that from, so I feel like it carries truth. Also, I've heard that Coach Mays late in the season got a commitment from Sean McNeill who is a HS senior guard that was also being pursued by Bellarmine. Of course, anything recruiting is 'grain of salt' stuff especially since the coaching situation is not settled, but still, it's something I've heard. I also heard that Colton Elkins would be in a KWC uniform (finally) next season.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

You would be right to, and he does.
    GOOD!

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

You would be right to, and he does.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

If the candidate has no NCAA experience, I would oppose the hire.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    What is his current job?
    Head men's basketball coach at a college in Kentucky

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

What is his current job?

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

The name I heard was currently considered top candidate for the job made me scratch my head at first but once I looked him up and saw the history on his bio at his current job I was impressed with his resume. All signs point to the job search being on the right track.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

KWC should hire a successful GLVC head coach. The more well known the better. Spend that money! The investment will be worth it. They probably already have a coach.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

The season comes to a merciful and humiliating end after a 31 point drubbing to the Oilers. 15-16 for the 2017-18 season. That's horrible!

Wesleyan needs a recruiter and a promoter in a head coach and two top assistants with an associate that is being groomed for a head coaching spot. Former experience as a college player is a must for the head coach!

Does anyone know the starting salary for the KWC head coaching position? What is the average salary of a D2 Head coach? KWC can raise money. They need to spend some now, bigly!

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

You're not wrong.

Leave a comment:

• WKYDave
    replied

An example today of what I consider poor decision-making - KWC was severely short-handed and Coach Mays has complained that the team got tired near the end of the game in the past WITH those 3 players. I think most coaches would have played a 2-3 zone defense. This would limit energy expenditure and fouls. Instead, the little I watch, KWC was playing man-to-man defense. Findlay ended last 6 minutes of game on 16-4 run and Warnock fouled out in 23 minutes of play. I think this is one of many examples that make me hope he is not the Head Coach next year.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

The men's basketball team needs an all New staff. The New Head Coach will make his own hires.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X