Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USI 74, Ashland 62

Alex Stein with 36 points and USI defeats Ashland 74-62. USI did it without Bobo Drummond, who sat out with back problems. He should be fine next weekend for the classic in the Ford Center. Jeril Taylor with 18 points, Julius Rajala again looking like a solid addition with 13 points despite being tripled teamed, he also had four blocked shots and seven rebounds. USI looking forward to next weekend and welcoming a certain local school from across the river to Evansville and sending them back with a loss! We are heading back to Evansville from Indianapolis right now, USI 2-0!

Re: USI 74, Ashland 62

One other small note is Rajala is without question one of the best big men in Division II. We spoke with Ashland's assistant coach after the game and he said Julius is better than anyone they will see in the post this year! That coming from a GLIAC perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
      One other small note is Rajala is without question one of the best big men in Division II. We spoke with Ashland's assistant coach after the game and he said Julius is better than anyone they will see in the post this year! That coming from a GLIAC perspective!
      Don. you a former writer for the Chapelles show?

Comment

Alex Stein with 36 points and USI defeats Ashland 74-62. USI did it without Bobo Drummond, who sat out with back problems. He should be fine next weekend for the classic in the Ford Center. Jeril Taylor with 18 points, Julius Rajala again looking like a solid addition with 13 points despite being tripled teamed, he also had four blocked shots and seven rebounds. USI looking forward to next weekend and welcoming a certain local school from across the river to Evansville and sending them back with a loss! We are heading back to Evansville from Indianapolis right now, USI 2-0!
        One of my friends who attended the game said USI did look very good in the second half, Ashland had trouble guarding one of their guards going to the basket I assume he meant Stein. He texted that USI is much better than last year, but Ashland is not all that great. I'm just hoping UIndy gets out of this weekend with a split. UIndy will be OK by GLVC time, just too many new players right now.

Comment

Lets see how he does next week when USI plays KWC, if he keeps it up I will maybe be convinced.

Comment

UW Parkside got blown off the court by Northern Michigan last night I was told. I told everyone UWP is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
              One of my friends who attended the game said USI did look very good in the second half, Ashland had trouble guarding one of their guards going to the basket I assume he meant Stein. He texted that USI is much better than last year, but Ashland is not all that great. I'm just hoping UIndy gets out of this weekend with a split. UIndy will be OK by GLVC time, just too many new players right now.
              Hopefully your friend was wearing a poncho I hear HoT WoD, Don , and tell fail we're blowing their loads

Comment

I still say UIndy beats USI this season, we will have a better understanding of Coach G's system by the time GLVC season starts.

Comment

UW Parkside got blown off the court by Northern Michigan last night I was told. I told everyone UWP is overrated.
                  UWP was given way too much credit for last season. They lost their best player, will be very average this season. I believe last night's blowout loss to Northern Michigan says it all.

Comment

I still say UIndy beats USI this season, we will have a better understanding of Coach G's system by the time GLVC season starts.
                    Gravy the Greyhound is very optimistic! I saw your team last night Gravy, and I believe you are way off in your assessment of Indianapolis. They do not have as much talent as you led us to believe, their transfers are average at best. The 7 footer you bragged about can barely move up and down the court. Rajala is so much more mobile, runs the floor like a gazelle and can block shots and score. Add Dickson, Stein, Drummond, Taylor, the rest, I think USI has too much for the Hounds. But we shall see!

Comment

Gravy the Greyhound is very optimistic! I saw your team last night Gravy, and I believe you are way off in your assessment of Indianapolis. They do not have as much talent as you led us to believe, their transfers are average at best. The 7 footer you bragged about can barely move up and down the court. Rajala is so much more mobile, runs the floor like a gazelle and can block shots and score. Add Dickson, Stein, Drummond, Taylor, the rest, I think USI has too much for the Hounds. But we shall see!
                      UIndy gets the win 81-73 over Lake Erie. So there you go mr. USI Beagle Pride. UIndy will get it together by year's end. I will be the biggest KWC fan on this planet next week when they play USI just to spite you. That shows what a jerk you are, making me a KWC fan even for a day. But maybe if they beat USI it will shut you and some of these other obnoxious USI fans up.

Comment

Dickson needs to slow down and focus on defense and rebounding first. His offensive game is not there yet. Rajala is smart and takes what the defense gives him. Stein's upper body strength has been greatly increased. Never afraid to attack the rim, but this year players are bouncing off of him. I was impressed with the 2nd half performance, but Ashland looked overmatched from a talent perspective.

Comment

Find it funny that an Indy guys says Ashland's not that great the day after they beat Indy pretty easy. Ashland had a very good team and when the figure out how to play without Wendell Davis they will be even better.

Comment

yes... I thought they had the game but got in too big a hurry and took bad shoots. USI has several very good players the Saturday game will be interesting and should open some eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                              Find it funny that an Indy guys says Ashland's not that great the day after they beat Indy pretty easy. Ashland had a very good team and when the figure out how to play without Wendell Davis they will be even better.
                              The UIndy fan Gravy the Wiener Hound as we call him is not worth your reply. I think Ashland is a very good team, talked with your assistant coach after our game and he said Ashland is going to make a run in the GLIAC even though you lost your best player to an injury. It would be great if USI and Ashland meet again, this time in the regional.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X