8. Maryville 94
    9. Rockhurst 91
    10. Missouri-St. Louis 74
    11. McKendree 64
    12. Illinois Springfield 61
    13. Quincy 48
    14. Missouri S&T 28

Re: GLVC Preseason Basketball Poll

Always like to speculate about who did not vote the prohibitive favorite #1. Of course Scotty can't vote for himself and neither can Hesser. Makes me think that Hesser was the other one who voted for Lewis.

Comment

Full link: http://www.glvcsports.com/news/2018/...-favorite.aspx

2018-19 Women's Basketball Preseason Poll
      Place Team Points (1st-place votes)
      1. Lewis 175 (7)
      2. Drury 174 (6)
      3. Southern Indiana 155 (1)
      4. Bellarmine 135
      4. Truman State 135
      6. Missouri-St. Louis 127
      7. Indianapolis 95
      8. McKendree 94
      9. Rockhurst 81
      10. William Jewell 75
      11. Illinois Springfield 69
      12. Maryville 57
      13. Quincy 45
      14. Missouri S&T 39

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
        Always like to speculate about who did not vote the prohibitive favorite #1. Of course Scotty can't vote for himself and neither can Hesser. Makes me think that Hesser was the other one who voted for Lewis.
        Not a chance - Hesser doesn't play those kinds of games.

Scotty, on the other hand, obviously didn't vote for Drury....

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
          Full link: http://www.glvcsports.com/news/2018/...-favorite.aspx

2018-19 Women's Basketball Preseason Poll
          Place Team Points (1st-place votes)
          1. Lewis 175 (7)
          2. Drury 174 (6)
          3. Southern Indiana 155 (1)
          4. Bellarmine 135
          4. Truman State 135
          6. Missouri-St. Louis 127
          7. Indianapolis 95
          8. McKendree 94
          9. Rockhurst 81
          10. William Jewell 75
          11. Illinois Springfield 69
          12. Maryville 57
          13. Quincy 45
          14. Missouri S&T 39

Molly is 34-2 in the GLVC and has been a Regional Finalist the last 2 years.

Comment

True, he did not but there is a legitimate case for Lewis being Scotty's pick since he could not vote for his own team, whereas BU is easily considered the front runner. I am not convinced, however, that Hesser was the one not voting for BU. I think there are plenty of candidates who dislike Scotty so much that they won't vote for his team and then there is always the goof ball at S&T who just doesn't know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
              True, he did not but there is a legitimate case for Lewis being Scotty's pick since he could not vote for his own team, whereas BU is easily considered the front runner. I am not convinced, however, that Hesser was the one not voting for BU. I think there are plenty of candidates who dislike Scotty so much that they won't vote for his team and then there is always the goof ball at S&T who just doesn't know any better.
              That's cool, but I'm not sure what you're basing that on. Hesser has no ego and he's a straight shooter...he'd vote for the best team no matter who it was. I'd bet my next paycheck it wasn't him.

Scotty, on the other hand, while he obviously is a great coach, also obviously has an ego the size of Knights Hall. Not wanting to vote for the team that has the biggest chance to dethrone him would be right up the ally of a guy like that. All signs point to a couple guys in the East who won't vote for anyone outside the East....which pretty much happens every year.

Also, I'd love to hear the legitimate case for Lewis winning the league. They finished 7th last year and lost the guy that was their best player (by a wide margin).

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                Not a chance - Hesser doesn't play those kinds of games.

Scotty, on the other hand, obviously didn't vote for Drury....
                Irrefutable that Scotty voted for Lewis. The fact that Drury did not get the other vote, seems to make it likely that it was Hesser's vote. Obviously can't say for sure, and it really makes no difference, but it's fun to speculate. I guess that Scotty believes Lewis is the next best team in the conference and not simply digging at Hesser. I say that because the last couple of seasons after the Drury game, Scotty has heaped immense praise on Hesser's coaching.

Comment

Irrefutable that Scotty voted for Lewis. The fact that Drury did not get the other vote, seems to make it likely that it was Hesser's vote. Obviously can't say for sure, and it really makes no difference, but it's fun to speculate. I guess that Scotty believes Lewis is the next best team in the conference and not simply digging at Hesser. I say that because the last couple of seasons after the Drury game, Scotty has heaped immense praise on Hesser's coaching.
                  He heaps praise on everyone after he wins. ;)

After he lost to Hesser in the conference finals in '15 I watched him complain to Naumovich about the officiating for 15 minutes straight after the game...and this was while Drury's guys were cutting the nets 20 feet away.

Comment

He heaps praise on everyone after he wins. ;)

After he lost to Hesser in the conference finals in '15 I watched him complain to Naumovich about the officiating for 15 minutes straight after the game...and this was while Drury's guys were cutting the nets 20 feet away.
                    While Scotty certainly has his disagreements with officials, I can't imagine when he knows he is receiving the majority of the votes he would need to take a "jab" before any games have even been played? I just don't see the reason or the reward of this being a jab? They have no bad blood this season, that was 3 years ago and many games have been played since.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsHoop1 View Post
                      While Scotty certainly has his disagreements with officials, I can't imagine when he knows he is receiving the majority of the votes he would need to take a "jab" before any games have even been played? I just don't see the reason or the reward of this being a jab? They have no bad blood this season, that was 3 years ago and many games have been played since.
                      The only "Jab" I see is the one "Speculation" that Hesser voted for Lewis.

Comment

Molly is 34-2 in the GLVC and has been a Regional Finalist the last 2 years.
                        The Lady Panthers have been in the Regional
                        Finals three years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                          The only "Jab" I see is the one "Speculation" that Hesser voted for Lewis.
                          Agree. But it's just a little bitty jab that has some logic behind it.

Comment

Agree. But it's just a little bitty jab that has some logic behind it.
                            I don't see it. Hesser is a no nonsense man who doesn't play games. Like trying to manipulate referees for 40 minutes a game for example.

Comment

This "who voted for whom" stuff is brutal. Who cares? I'd rather read the USI guys rip Wod -- at least that can be entertaining.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X