Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truman Head Coach Amy Eagon

After a 6 year run of 111-62 including last years record of 23-8 (the best season for Truman Woman's Basketball in it's 47 year history) Amy Eagon has resigned to become an assistant at Drury for Head Coach Molly Miller

This was definitely a power move by Molly. This is one of the best coaching staffs in all of D2 with 2 former D2 head coaches on staff.
    Molly returns all but one from last year including her top 8 players featuring 2 All Americans and 3 others who were All Conference.
    Newcomers include Kelsey Winfrey, a transfer from Mizzou that had limited playing time playing behind players like the WNBA's Sophie Cunningham. She is very skilled and athletic and will thrive in Molly's system.
    Freshman Alana Findlay has the potential to be a starter in my opinion. She is a strong athletic scorer and a quick leaper.
    All the newcomers are quick and will add depth to a defense that led the nation with over 1100 forced turnovers.
    This will be a fun team to watch.
    ????

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
      This was definitely a power move by Molly. This is one of the best coaching staffs in all of D2 with 2 former D2 head coaches on staff.
      Molly returns all but one from last year including her top 8 players featuring 2 All Americans and 3 others who were All Conference.
      Newcomers include Kelsey Winfrey, a transfer from Mizzou that had limited playing time playing behind players like the WNBA's Sophie Cunningham. She is very skilled and athletic and will thrive in Molly's system.
      Freshman Alana Findlay has the potential to be a starter in my opinion. She is a strong athletic scorer and a quick leaper.
      All the newcomers are quick and will add depth to a defense that led the nation with over 1100 forced turnovers.
      This will be a fun team to watch.
      ????

Comment

Truman must not be compensating their coaches very well. Remember their men's coach left for the Mckendree job and now Eagan leaves to be an assistant at the same level? Also, each left Truman after successful runs.

Comment

Truman must not be compensating their coaches very well. Remember their men's coach left for the Mckendree job and now Eagan leaves to be an assistant at the same level? Also, each left Truman after successful runs.
          This was in the Kirksville Daily Express:
          I think this could lead to maybe something bigger
          ...going D1 w/ Molly after a run at a national championship...

There's no doubt in my mind that Molly has tracked the path of former Emporia State head coach Brandon Scheider. Put up a heck of a run at ESU, parlayed that into the HC job at Stephen F. Austin, parlayed that into the HC job at Kansas. Molly absolutely can make that similar path.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

There's no doubt in my mind that Molly has tracked the path of former Emporia State head coach Brandon Scheider. Put up a heck of a run at ESU, parlayed that into the HC job at Stephen F. Austin, parlayed that into the HC job at Kansas. Molly absolutely can make that similar path.
            You might be right. However, Molly signed a 3 year extension that is in the top 3 percent of all D2 according to local radio.
            I also heard she plans on competing for a national championship all three years because of the quality returners and incoming talent already signed.

Comment

Molly signed a 3 year extension that is in the top 3 percent of all D2 according to local radio.
              Just like Drury doesn't have to release salaries being a private school, with the number of other private schools in the Midwest alone, let alone the entire D2 level, there is absolutely no way they could know this.

I do have zero doubt she's making plenty.

Comment

I wondered about that myself.
                Hey, Truman has good players and they played Drury close in Springfield last season.
                That will be a motivated group of young ladies when they play in Springfield again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

https://twitter.com/DULadyPanthers/s...947939328?s=20
                  A buddy sent me this. And Mike, you could be right.
                  Look at bottom right corner image.
                  KU Women's team has not been good for several years.
                  This picture means nothing, but its still fun to speculate.
                  Last edited by crazznewt; 09-18-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X