Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(1) Truman dispatched (5) Ashland by an 82-63 score on Sunday night. The Bulldogs (19-2) put five players in double-figures and hit 15 three-pointers to advance to the Sweet 16.

Turner Scott went for 19 points and nine assists, but, most impressively, ZERO turnovers. Cade McKnight scored 12 points despite playing just 20 minutes because of foul trouble. Elijah Hazekamp was just short of a double-double with 10 points and eight rebounds.

Looking forward to Tuesday night!

Comment

Stan can finally rid of the WOD stench for good out of this program. Price failed to show up again for a big game. Cheesy and Hughes were just rotten. Time to get rid of these soft and slow players and bring in some dudes.

Comment

Truman looked great tonight.

I was beginning to get worried when Ashland scored 8 straight points in the paint early in the second half and played tough through the first 10 minutes, but Truman took over after that and cruised to the win.

ZERO turnovers was indeed impressive as Turner Scott played 37 minutes and was guarded tough all night.

Looks like Michigan Tech on Tuesday. Looks like the Huskies are currently 14-7 and ranked No. 38 according to Massey who has them as the 219th best offensive team, but the 6th best defensive team. Michigan Tech lost to Ashland last week by 8.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          Stan can finally rid of the WOD stench for good out of this program. Price failed to show up again for a big game. Cheesy and Hughes were just rotten. Time to get rid of these soft and slow players and bring in some dudes.

Comment

Mateo and Hughes are coming back next year per SG on his radio show last week, Price is up in the air...

Comment

Two really good finals on tap for the Midwest region the next two days:

WBB: (2) Drury hosts (5) Ashland
              MBB: (1) Truman versus (2) Michigan Tech in Evansville

Both GLVC teams are slight favorites, per Massey. DU by four; TSU by seven.

Comment

WBB: (2) Drury beats (5) Ashland, 88-69 to advance to Columbus. Congrats to the Lady Panthers and I look forward to them (and Coach Eagan) representing the GLVC at the Elite Eight.

Hoping that the Bulldogs make it a clean GLVC sweep tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                  WBB: (2) Drury beats (5) Ashland, 88-69 to advance to Columbus. Congrats to the Lady Panthers and I look forward to them (and Coach Eagan) representing the GLVC at the Elite Eight.

Hoping that the Bulldogs make it a clean GLVC sweep tomorrow night.
                  Yay verily. Good luck Truman.

Comment

I wonder how many calls Amy Eagan will get from search firms representing Division I schools this season...

Comment

Originally posted by UMSLguy View Post
                      I wonder how many calls Amy Eagan will get from search firms representing Division I schools this season...
                      She put herself in position for this to happen for sure. Reestablishing a productive bench after the early season loss of players was key.

Some of the offensive sets she implemented were amazing.

Comment

Man, I hope she stays at least another year. It would be a shame for Drury if they lost any of her incoming recruits. This could be one of the most athletic recruiting classes Drury ever had.

Drury lost signee Katie Scott to Molly Miller's D1 Grand Canyon team and all she did is average 16 points and 6 rebounds.

She made the WAC First Team, Newcomer of the Year, and Freshman of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                          Man, I hope she stays at least another year. It would be a shame for Drury if they lost any of her incoming recruits. This could be one of the most athletic recruiting classes Drury ever had.
                          The move to Drury may well be her last.

I am sure she loved coaching at her alma mater, but Truman has long been one of the lowest paying institutions in the region. I remember reading a study back in the MIAA days and football coaches at some of the other MIAA schools were making 100% more.

Comment

Truman gets the 65-62 survive and advance win over Michigan Tech.

The Bulldogs looked like they might run away with the game, but went ice cold to finish the first half and to start the second. I am not sure if I have ever seen so many missed opportunities in the paint. Lots of good looks that were not falling. More offensive fouls in the paint as well.

McKnight was relegated to the bench with fouls but took over the game in crunch time.

The second team in school history to make the Elite Eight.

It should be interesting to see who they draw in the next round, but I guess if they seed the teams...

Comment

Truman gets the 65-62 survive and advance win over Michigan Tech.

The Bulldogs looked like they might run away with the game, but went ice cold to finish the first half and to start the second. I am not sure if I have ever seen so many missed opportunities in the paint. Lots of good looks that were not falling. More offensive fouls in the paint as well.

McKnight was relegated to the bench with fouls but took over the game in crunch time.

The second team in school history to make the Elite Eight.

It should be interesting to see who they draw in the next round, but I guess if they seed the teams...
                              I hadn't seen them have a seven minute stretch coming out of halftime like that since the end of the Schrader days. The defense looked so amazingly lost and the offense was beyond stagnant. But, true to form, they buckled down, made stops and found a way to get the offense clicking again. I continue to say it: I'm amazed at what Scott & Miller can do in the backcourt despite being a bit undersized - especially when you reach this elite level. Incredible passers, deadeye shooters and solid defenders. Also, a good sign that despite having two games with McKnight missing decent chunks of time due to foul trouble that they were able to claw back and either stay in the game (MT game) or hold/build a lead (ASH game).

I'll be really interested to see how this Elite Eight is seeded. To me, TSU should be probably a 3 or 4 seed, but it's an absolutely stacked (by both name recognition and ability) this year at the Elite Eight, so they could be a 7 seed and it wouldn't shock me.

Comment

I could not agree more on Scott and Miller.

The emergence of Peeters this season is definitely a big story for Truman. Peeters is very close to averaging a double-double. And last night, he was key to stabilizing the defense and scored at seemingly critical times in the second half last night.

If the Massey Ratings were used to seed the tournament, it would look as follows (prior seeds included):

Northwest (2)
                                West Texas (1)
                                Lincoln Memorial (2)
                                Truman (1)
                                West Liberty (3)
                                Colorado Mines (2)
                                Flagler (1)
                                Daemen (2)

Massey is so far from perfect, but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X