Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point is, at least get the D2 women a venue where they can have a few fans. These women work just as hard as the men do. And at some schools including Drury, the women out draw the men.
    Not giving these young ladies a chance to play before a crowd is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post

My point is, at least get the D2 women a venue where they can have a few fans. These women work just as hard as the men do. And at some schools including Drury, the women out draw the men.
      Ridiculous that they are not allowing fans for D2 Women's Elite 8. Governor announced allowing indoor events (I think 25% capacity) around February 23. Hockey team had fans approved starting March 1. Atlantic regional was held there under same no fans rules. They said health department had approved that plan and there wasn't time to change it. I think that was a BS response then and definitely one for an event taking place 1 month after the "reopening."

Comment

Comment

The D2 women look like they have a nice carpet under their floor.

Comment

Comment

580 people is literally 15 times better than 36.

Comment

Yes, everyone knows about the draw of March Madness that the women's game will never remotely come close to.
                At least start the women with a treadmill, universal weight machine with high and low pulleys, maybe a squat rack. One set of dumbells and some mats is all they got. Obviously, someone in charge dropped the basketball and they had to scramble to save face.

Comment

580 people is literally 15 times better than 36.

Comment

It would seem like there would be an agreement on whether or not fans would be allowed.

I bet D2 Message board loves the traffic generated by this subject. I think I'm going to use the old slang I have never used before and that is: "23 skidoo" for this subject.

Comment

It would seem like there would be an agreement on whether or not fans would be allowed..

Comment

The NCAA blog lists 5 games to watch in the Elite Eight and the list includes three Men's games with Truman vs. Flagler being the odd game out. Nothing interesting to see here. Maybe that is a good thing for the fans of both teams.

Comment

For the players who are posting on social media about the differences between the quality of the host sites, this is an important point.

It would be very interesting to see the applications to host the championships for each sport.

I understand why a second or third tier city with a convention center and a portable floor might be interested in hosting a Division II tournament and how they might be able to outbid other better facilities.

Comment

For the first time in several years the Lady Panthers are playing against a team that is more athletic than they are. Their point guard is second in the nation in scoring and their athletic 6'2" center averages 20 and 10.

It's been a good run, hopefully it continues.

Comment

Not a good start for the Lady Panthers. Down 19-5 and Lynch injured in the first quarter.

Comment

What a day for the Lady Panthers! National Player of the year Paige Robinson collected her 4th MVP award of this season, and her team showed tremendous toughness in a game in which they trailed 27-10 after the first quarter to pull out the win to advance to the final four.

In addition to Robinson's player of the year award, Amy Eagan was named National Coach of the Year.
                                Last edited by crazznewt; 03-23-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X