Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood Joining Ohio Valley Conference

Recent rumors appear to be true as Lindenwood announced they are going Division 1 and will join the OVC with USI.

Lindenwood link:

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/202...onference.aspx
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Congrats to the Lions! Looking forward to sharing the journey with another one of our own.

Comment

Ya, it is an interesting move. Definitely adds to the D2 conference realignment drama.

Comment

*Everyone looks over to UIndy*
          Sooo what's their next move? Be the easternmost school in GLVC, southernmost school in GLIAC, or fill the void on the center of the western reaches of the GMAC? Or...D1?
          I'm thinking GMAC is looking better for them every year now, especially with as many stronger teams as they've picked off of the GLIAC in the last few years...

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
            *Everyone looks over to UIndy*
            Sooo what's their next move? Be the easternmost school in GLVC, southernmost school in GLIAC, or fill the void on the center of the western reaches of the GMAC? Or...D1?
            I'm thinking GMAC is looking better for them every year now, especially with as many stronger teams as they've picked off of the GLIAC in the last few years...
            I would say GMAC is the move. The previous administration was devoutly DII, and trying to go DI with IUPUI/butler next door seems tough.

My ideal situation would be Uindy in the GMAC along with NDC, the existing Ohio GMAC schools, and the 4 football NAIA schools from Indiana (Marian, Saint Francis, Taylor, Indiana Wesleyan). KWC moves back to the GLVC. TNU tries to find a home in the GSC or Peach Belt. Thomas More goes to the GLVC too I guess, but not 100 percent on that one.

Comment

Thomas More is already joining the G-MAC. Why would KWC go back to the GLVC? We'd be in the same boat as Indy is now, only worse. And it would not be any better than the G-MAC footprint for us, whereas if UIndy did join the G-MAC would give us another opponent closer than the current schools, making a stronger case for our staying where we are.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                  Thomas More is already joining the G-MAC. Why would KWC go back to the GLVC? We'd be in the same boat as Indy is now, only worse. And it would not be any better than the G-MAC footprint for us, whereas if UIndy did join the G-MAC would give us another opponent closer than the current schools, making a stronger case for our staying where we are.

Comment

Anything could happen, I suppose, but I don't see KWC rejoining the GLVC anytime soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X