• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th in the GLVC?

Disrespectful.

Originally posted by The Yette View Post
    Disrespectful.
    Not to mention way too low. Should be 4th.

Comment

It will take some time for the coaches in the league to know UIU, but coming off a south division championship in the NSIC, NSIC player of the year back, plus most every starter....is a bit low. Pre-season polls don't matter though in the end, have to prove it on the court. Can't wait for season to start!

Comment

The GLVC used to be, hands down, the best MBB conference in D2. Years ago ... i.e. before they started adding anyone and everyone and KWC, Bellarmine, USI, etc left. The mindset, however, is still there. They are the Elite of elites, if only in their own minds. Champion of the NSIC, NSIC POY...these things are worth nothing in their eyes. This is the classic GLVC attitude. And I will say, it USED to be pretty accurate...like 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Yette View Post
          Disrespectful.
          I’ll be the first to say that pre-season polls are worthless, but you did go 0-2 vs the 10th and 11th place teams in the GLVC last year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
            The GLVC used to be, hands down, the best MBB conference in D2. Years ago ... i.e. before they started adding anyone and everyone and KWC, Bellarmine, USI, etc left. The mindset, however, is still there. They are the Elite of elites, if only in their own minds. Champion of the NSIC, NSIC POY...these things are worth nothing in their eyes. This is the classic GLVC attitude. And I will say, it USED to be pretty accurate...like 15 years ago.
            Good thing they added teams when they did or there wouldn’t have been a league left after some teams went D1, another school closed, and others left to find places they could better compete.

The elite attitude was pretty much the “old guard” school(s) looking down on the newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

Good thing they added teams when they did or there wouldn’t have been a league left after some teams went D1, another school closed, and others left to find places they could better compete.

The elite attitude was pretty much the “old guard” school(s) looking down on the newcomers.
              100 percent true.

Comment

UIU off to a 2-2 start with a pretty tough schedule early on. Feel good about how they have fared so far. Beat Northern who was ranked #21 coming into the season tonight, fell by 9 to #1 Northwest Missouri last night and went 1-1 last weekend with the loss to Northern Mich who was NCAA team last year and rebounded to beat Mich Tech the next night. Next weekend it doesn't get any easier as they travel to take on Southwest and Concordia in St. Paul. Good games to start the season!!

Comment

I saw where Jake Hilmer had an "off" game of 16 points the other day. That's going to hurt his average. We don't see you guys until late February. Hopefully everyone stays healthy this season.

Comment

Mmmm hmmmm.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X