X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueBlood
    replied
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

CU Softball is playing in the NCCAA tournament. I think its a great decision. CU views the NCCAA (in all sports) pretty much like most view the NIT. If you don't make the D2 playoff, its a chance to extend your year, keep your kids together a bit longer and get experience. Not sure why the wheels feel off late in the season for this team. Prior to the last week of the season, their only conference losses were very understandable ones in split-series with TNU and KWC. Then, they lost to Ursuline the last week of the season and would have had a loss to D&E that same week but for rain/lightning in the 5th inning. You could tell going into the tourney that they had lost some mojo - and that continued into the tourney. Final exams are over, the pressure is off and the NIT is a good venue to get a little more experience for this young team (they had no seniors this year). I like the decision.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

KWC got the 8 seed and will play the 1 seed UMSL in that four team division opening round tourney.

USI will host the other four team Midwest division tournament.

They break the Region into two four team double elimination tournament divisions. Makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Neither of our lacrosse champions made the tournament. Both games produced upset winners, so I guess it's not unexpected (especially given the very small-brackets for this sport)

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

KWC is a better than average D2 team. They lost some very close games, but they have won their last seven games.

They have a young team that turned the corner after three close losses late in the season. I would be surprised to see them higher than a seven seed.

The good news is the team as a whole will gain more experience in the Regional. They have proved they can compete with the best in the region. Really any team in the Regional could win it. UMSL was a surprise. The GLIAC could produce the 1 seed. I have not checked their tournament scores. Massey has all the teams ranked, but Wesleyan's last seven wins are not counted yet. And, Massey is not the Regional selection committee.

If KWC can land a high quality pitcher or two, they will be really good next season. They are a better offensive team than they are defensively.

With the conference championship and D2 tournament appearance, they will probably be able to attract some high talent locally. This team can also compete and win against the new teams coming in next season.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Seeding will be interesting but we all know it will low but I would not count them out.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Congrats to KWC ladies. Great season.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

It is official. KWC wins the G-MAC Softball Championship. The National bracket will be released tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Big congrats to AB WLax!

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

OKAY, the GLIAC tournament starts tomorrow. The Midwest Regional bracket will be interesting. I guess it could come out next Sunday, IDK?

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

USI got knocked out in the second round of the GLVC softball Championship. UMSL won the GLVC Championship.

I'm not checking the GLIAC. All I know is Wesleyan's top six players are freshmen and sophomores.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

I just checked the Regional rankings. USI is ranked first. Wesleyan is not even in the top 10, but they will be in the NCAA D2 tournament with a school record tie of 38 wins, should they win one of two games tomorrow.

I'm guessing the NCAA D2 Softball bracket will come out next week. I have not checked the GLVC softball Championship.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Lady Jackets got knocked out of SB tournament early. They struggled at the end of regular season and again in tourney. Not sure what changed late in the season.

Let's go KWC, Go win this thing.
    Just looked at the bracket. With all the rain outside, I had no idea when the games were scheduled.

First, I am surprised and disappointed for Cedarville. So, thank you for the support.

I have been following this year's KWC softball team. They are very good, probably the best softball team Wesleyan has ever produced. I was attending KWC when they started the softball program.

Wesleyan beat Trevecca twice in this week's G-MAC tournament. Ouch! I felt Ursuline would give KWC a good opening game and they did.

Now, Wesleyan is unbeaten going into the finals. Davis & Elkins will have to win both games to win the Championship. I don't see that happening. I see KWC going to the NCAA D2 Softball tournament. This is a very young team as well. College softball is very competitive now and is gaining popularity in the NCAA.

This KWC softball team could do better than the Men's basketball team. They have a great coach and their ceiling is very high.

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

AB WLAX with the G-MAC Championship!!!

Proud!

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Lady Jackets got knocked out of SB tournament early. They struggled at the end of regular season and again in tourney. Not sure what changed late in the season.

Let's go KWC, Go win this thing.

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Ha! I actually reside in Fishers! Glad we missed today's showers but unfortunately it's going to rain again mid week

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X