X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WKYDave
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I saw where Asbury University is moving from NAIA to NCAA D3. There was a time years ago when I thought they might have been a nice non-football target to help bridge the gaps to KWC and TNU. KY is such a tough state for D2. There are only 2 schools in the entire state.
    Agree...It seems that KY has a crazy amount of 4-year schools for a state of 4.5 million people and, generally, the public and private schools struggle with funding. Crazy number of NAIA schools here..., Campbellsville (4,000), U of the Cumberlands (3,400), Lindsey Wilson (2,100), UPike (1,600), Asbury (1,600), Midway (1,100), Georgetown (1,000 undergrads). Of course Georgetown and Campbellsville tried to get NCAA status and were turned down. That was a big blow for a "balanced" G-MAC. With exception of UPike and U of Cumberland, any who help create "South" section of GMAC. KY has 5 "regional" state universities (N KY, E KY, W KY, Morehead, and Murray), a HBCU (KY St) and TWO "Flagships" (U of KY and U of Louisville).

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied
    I saw where Asbury University is moving from NAIA to NCAA D3. There was a time years ago when I thought they might have been a nice non-football target to help bridge the gaps to KWC and TNU. KY is such a tough state for D2. There are only 2 schools in the entire state.

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    G-MAC and Conference Carolinas jointly add bowling as a sponsored sport. (both men's and women's)
    Set up seems similar to G-MAC/MEC swimming.
    This is an interesting development. D2 currently has 35 teams and is close to having the opportunity to split off its own D2 Bowling Championship. McKendree beat mighty Nebraska to win the 2017 title.

For the G-MAC, this means that every NCAA championship sport sponsored by every member will be under the G-MAC banner. It makes them the only D2 conference (maybe only NCAA conference) that can say that. Tiffin has Women's Wrestling but that is an emerging sport.

For the Carolinas, Chowan is currently in the CIAA and it seems Emmanuel College is elevating their team to NCAA status. Lincoln Memorial is an ECC affiliate. Tusculum should be joining this, they are also an ECC affiliate.

Will this move spur other schools in the two conferences to add Bowling? What CC and G-MAC schools have Men's Bowling?

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied
    G-MAC and Conference Carolinas jointly add bowling as a sponsored sport. (both men's and women's)
    Set up seems similar to G-MAC/MEC swimming.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied
    Ha, yes I remember us discussing this in the past. Good for Malone, and yes much needed for G-MAC.

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Looks nice!

http://www.malonepioneers.com/news/2...august-28.aspx
    Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Did they hint that lacrosse would be coming to Malone?
    After the first mention of it in August 2017, Malone is finally adding Men's and Women's Lacrosse.

https://malonepioneers.com/news/2021...-programs.aspx

The G-MAC needs this. The conference currently relies on affiliates in order sponsor men's lax, only 2 full members have the sport. The MEC needs just 2 more teams to have the ability to sponsor men's lax themselves and that would take 3 teams from the G-MAC.

And here's a quote from a year ago.
    Re: Malone Drops Football -Immediately

It will be interesting to see if they add lacrosse, wrestling, or some other less expensive sport to make up for lost students.
    Last edited by Tech Boys; 03-19-2021, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied
    Good for them. That is a really good fit for OVU.

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Ohio Valley is looking at NAIA. They have been approved as a provisional member of the River States Conference. Oakland City joined that conference last year.

OHIO VALLEY APPROVED AS PROVISIONAL MEMBER OF RSC

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    UF's Tommy Schmock Sportscenter Top Plays # 7

https://fb.watch/2NQff7XHKY/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    First this would be very ironic if any go Division I considering the conference title game was established based on the PSAC. Some of the schools could be a move up for the replacement of Robert Morris in the NEC, saw an article awhile ago that said Indiana, PA could be a potential upgrade. I do not see enough of the schools large enough even with consolidation to move the conference to D1. Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill have been odd schools after the WVIAC ceased to exist. There was even a time 25 years ago that University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown would become the main campus. The issues I think were used as a barganing chip for the city neighborhood the the main campus of the University of Pittsburgh, that was many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied
    I've been reading on the PSAC board about the proposed merging of existing smaller state schools to form larger institutions that have enrollments of 10,000+. Much of this is just in the exploration stage now, but I'm wondering how this will eventually impact Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill. These are small, private (very G-MACesque) schools not too far from the G-MAC's eastern boarder.
    Potential Issues/Questions I could see developing:
    1) Do the new larger PA state schools remain D2, or do they reach/strive for D1 FCS (like a Towson, Youngstown St, James Madison, etc)?
    2) If the new larger PA state schools go D1, how many schools does that leave the PSAC with? How does that affect travel?
    3) If the new larger PA state schools do remain D2, how many schools does that leave the PSAC with? How does that affect travel?
    4) If the new larger PA state schools do remain D2, are Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill cool with being smaller schools in a conference made up of several schools with enrollments in the 10,000 to 17,000 range? The PSAC could conceivably go from WCU and IUP being somewhat of enrollment outliers to the small private schools becoming the enrollment outliers.

Part of me thinks this could eventually lead to a reshuffling of the deck between the PSAC, MEC and G-MAC (and maybe others).
    Last edited by BlueBlood; 10-28-2020, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    NO spectators for indoor events at Findlay.
    https://athletics.findlay.edu/genera...20201026fbhiut

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied
    I saw where Kentucky Wesleyan has reported a new endowment number from a site that the college has to update. Wesleyan''s endowment has increased by around $6,000,000. I'm sure the previous administration helped with that cause, but the current administration recently published a book with all the names of the alumni that gave $400 in order for their name to be published in the book. That deal made a lot of money. I have the alumni list book and the numbers that gave at least $400 was large. This increase in endowment helps everyone at the college and the college at large. The enrollment number, I believe, has started climbing back up. The college is headed in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Oiler Basketball schedule posted today. 20 games, all GMAC, play everyone twice. That's it so far.
    https://athletics.findlay.edu/sports...20-21/schedule

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X