Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note: We care about D2

Just a note for new people here. It was said "nobody cares about D2." This is a Division 2 board, people on this board care. I'm sure there are message boards about garage bands that people think no one cares about those bands. The people on those boards care about those bands. There are obscure authors people think no one cares about. There are online discussions about those authors, people who care about them.

Since I've joined this board, there's been a frequent mantra of move up to D-1 and if you don't you're a loser and no one cares about your division. I care about it, I care about the GNAC, I care about NCAA D2 national titles.

There are WAC, WCC, Big West, Big Sky, Mountain West, and Pac-12 message boards, for fans of those conferences as well as other D1 conferences across the country. (Note: I'm a big WSU fan and buy a 3-game football ticket package every year, and I'm a big fan of the Pac-12. I also love my alma mater and what D2 athletics is all about.)

Brandon started this board because he felt there was a need and that a lot of people do indeed care about D2. Please don't tell us what we should and should not care about. I don't care what people in Texas or some other state said about D2. I care about it, the people here care about it, that's enough for me.

If people are going to get on here and tell us no one cares about D2, please post somewhere else. We care about D2 or we wouldn't be posting on a D2 message board.

Re: Note: We care about D2

Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Just a note for new people here. It was said "nobody cares about D2." This is a Division 2 board, people on this board care. I'm sure there are message boards about garage bands that people think no one cares about those bands. The people on those boards care about those bands. There are obscure authors people think no one cares about. There are online discussions about those authors, people who care about them.

Since I've joined this board, there's been a frequent mantra of move up to D-1 and if you don't you're a loser and no one cares about your division. I care about it, I care about the GNAC, I care about NCAA D2 national titles.

There are WAC, WCC, Big West, Big Sky, Mountain West, and Pac-12 message boards, for fans of those conferences as well as other D1 conferences across the country. (Note: I'm a big WSU fan and buy a 3-game football ticket package every year, and I'm a big fan of the Pac-12. I also love my alma mater and what D2 athletics is all about.)

Brandon started this board because he felt there was a need and that a lot of people do indeed care about D2. Please don't tell us what we should and should not care about. I don't care what people in Texas or some other state said about D2. I care about it, the people here care about it, that's enough for me.

If people are going to get on here and tell us no one cares about D2, please post somewhere else. We care about D2 or we wouldn't be posting on a D2 message board.
    Good post Tsull.........

Comment

If I didn't attend a D2 school like CWU, I wouldn't pay any attention to D2. But I enjoyed watching football and basketball mainly because the majority of the rosters were made of local athletes. As much as I love UW Football or Gonzaga hoops, only a fraction of their rosters are in-state kids.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        If I didn't attend a D2 school like CWU, I wouldn't pay any attention to D2. But I enjoyed watching football and basketball mainly because the majority of the rosters were made of local athletes. As much as I love UW Football or Gonzaga hoops, only a fraction of their rosters are in-state kids.
        I came to like small college athletics by enrolling in such a school. I grew up with two D-1 schools 8 miles apart (WSU and Idaho) and only one small college (LCSC) in the area. I didn't disrespect LCSC, but really didn't know what small college athletics was all about.

One of my first experiences in how good it was happened as a freshman, walking into the gym after cross country practice and a 6-5 forward on the Western Oregon basketball team simply jumped straight up, did a 360 and jammed the ball. Players were talented in all sports, just off the radar.

For those who don't care, that's their choice, but those same people wouldn't be able to step on a field or court with small college athletes and hold their own. The lack of respect comes from lack of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Yes, once again my fault for the insult. I know you are very passionate about D2. I was wrong to insult, and I apologize. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf1 View Post
            Yes, once again my fault for the insult. I know you are very passionate about D2. I was wrong to insult, and I apologize. Thanks for the reminder.
            Thanks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X