Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NNU Coach Takes Director Job for NBA India

More change coming to NW Nazarene. Their coach just took a senior director job with the NBA in India. NNU will plan to have a new head coach by September 1, a little over 2 months before their season opener.

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...ketball-coach/

Re: NNU Coach Takes Director Job for NBA India

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    More change coming to NW Nazarene. Their coach just took a senior director job with the NBA in India. NNU will plan to have a new head coach by September 1, a little over 2 months before their season opener.

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...ketball-coach/
    Wow, thanks for the link. Simply brutal timing and they might have a tough time hanging onto their recruits. What an interesting move. I'm not sure they could get anyone of quality right now. The LCSC coach was once an assistant here, didn't get the job, but he has a better gig now, winning 25 games in a fairly new facility. I think they'll have to go the assistant route here and find someone who is committed. Last coach was pushed out after maybe 3/4 years, this guy lasted I think 2. They've had 4 coaches in a decade, I believe.

They need to act fast. I can't think of anyone in the general area who would be great, BSU just lost their top assistant to UC Santa Barbara. This is the stuff that keeps NNU back, IMO. CWU, WWU, WOU, St. Martin's, Concordia, UAF, UAA, etc., have coaching stability. NNU does not.

Comment

Re: NNU Coach Takes Director Job for NBA India

They hired Paul Rush as interim head coach. He's been an assistant at NNU the previous 3 seasons and was a highly successful prep coach in the Boise area. He's well-respected and I think he'll transition well to being the head coach. I know they want to see how he does before pulling the interim tag, but I think he would be a fine hire for the Crusaders as I'm guessing -- though not sure -- he would stick around for awhile having lived in the area for some time. They need stability and I think Rush would bring them that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X