Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WOU roster

Lots of players, 18, tons of newcomers, no Alex Roth listed. Bummer, loved his game, must have tired of the injuries and hung it up ... no wonder they took Triano from Gonzaga. Glad Omlid is back, off-season rumor was he was heading overseas to play pro.

Looking forward to the season, hope they can blend all the newbies with the oldbies. :laugh:
    http://wouwolves.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

* No Malik Leaks either ... wow!

Re: New WOU roster

Thats a lot of new comers. Always interesting to see how teams gel with so many new guys but i do know coach Shaw is a very good coach and I imagine hell have them ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SValukis View Post
      Thats a lot of new comers. Always interesting to see how teams gel with so many new guys but i do know coach Shaw is a very good coach and I imagine hell have them ready.
      I'm more in favor of the smaller roster, veteran guys like the one Bergeson built up. Shaw is a great coach, however, and knows what he's doing. I just think 18 players is a bit insane as at least 8 won't play. Already lost the two Puget Sound freshmen from last year as well as others. I'm skeptical of taking other D2 players who were disgruntled with their former programs, but this is life in Division 2.

Comment

10 seniors
        3 juniors
        1 sophomore
        5 frosh
        4 assistant coaches

Shaw is really good at in-game tactics - the best I've seen in the GNAC-he's always taking notes and making some very deliberate moves down stretches that prove to be good adjustments. But, I agree, this is a little over the top. Not sure which category is most over the top. Hmmm. I had them far-and-away the best team this year in my mind, but losing Roth was a blow. Sure someone else will knock down 3s.... Still don't think I'd call the GNAC "Tony's world" though. Tony's got a lot of offensive weapons to play with, but they have one big gaping problem and it's defense. Unless they change the way they play, if it's Tony's world, the GNAC could be hurting region-wide this season.

Comment

Wow, a lot of seniors! ANd a lot of D1 and D2 transfers. Lots of experience

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
            10 seniors
            3 juniors
            1 sophomore
            5 frosh
            4 assistant coaches

Shaw is really good at in-game tactics - the best I've seen in the GNAC-he's always taking notes and making some very deliberate moves down stretches that prove to be good adjustments. But, I agree, this is a little over the top. Not sure which category is most over the top. Hmmm. I had them far-and-away the best team this year in my mind, but losing Roth was a blow. Sure someone else will knock down 3s.... Still don't think I'd call the GNAC "Tony's world" though. Tony's got a lot of offensive weapons to play with, but they have one big gaping problem and it's defense. Unless they change the way they play, if it's Tony's world, the GNAC could be hurting region-wide this season.
            I'd feel a lot better with Roth and Leaks on the roster and a veteran point guard. Not sure why Leaks left, he might have been the starting point guard. This may work, who knows. Last year it took them awhile to find the chemistry, I hope not this year.

Yeah, not buying the "Tony's world" comment either. Last year they were deemed the world's greatest team and Leaks' rimmed out jumper at the buzzer kept WOU from winning its third straight GNAC title.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X