• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCAA vs GNAC vs PacWest non con play

For opening night:

CCAA 6-6 (2-2 vs GNAC, 4-4 vs PacWest)

GNAC 6-4 (4-2 vs PacWest, 2-2 vs CCAA)

PacWest 6-8 (4-4 vs CCAA, 2-4 vs GNAC)

Maybe this looks like the GNAC did good on opening night in the West, but it's 4-2 record over PacWest teams includes victories over Fresno Pacific, Hawaii Hilo, Notre Dame de Namur & the lone quality victory being WOU hanging on for dear life against Point Loma... The traditional cream of the crop PacWest teams played CCAA teams. Not sure how that happened, but WWU sure as heck is not challenging itself with preseason exhibitions or games yet. I will go out on a limb and say after just one game, I expect Hawai'i Pacific to finish much higher in the PacWest than their predicted 7th (I think) place coaches poll vote.

Re: CCAA vs GNAC vs PacWest non con play

Although CWU lost, their true freshman out of Rainier Beach Khalil Shabazz went off for 28 points and 5 steals in his debut! I knew he was going to be great!

Comment

For 11/11/17:

CCAA 3-9 (0-4 vs GNAC, 3-5 vs PacWest)

GNAC 7-3 (4-0 vs CCAA, 3-3 vs PacWest)

PacWest 8-6 (3-3 vs GNAC, 5-3 vs CCAA)

For the weekend and totals as of now:

CCAA 9-15 (2-6 vs GNAC, 7-9 vs PacWest)

GNAC 13-7 (6-2 vs CCAA, 7-5 vs PacWest)

PacWest 14-14 (9-7 vs CCAA, 5-7 vs GNAC)

Take aways from the weekend:

*WOU 123 over FPU 67; Hilo 80 over WWU 76 ~ this is why I don't think we are living in Tony's world in the GNAC. Yes, WWU can have a bad night just like everyone, but in general, they don't get what they need to out of their amazing talent. Maybe I'll eat these words in a few months? I think it may be more likely that we might be living in a Shaw world, but we'll see about consistency in a while...

*Simon Fraser "technically" won a D2 west region tournament (in Bellingham, of all places)! They're not going to be last in the conference this year... maybe! Again, this is why I don't think we're living in Tony's world.

*Not sure I can say much more other than I'm not sure if I can conclude very much from the Anchorage tourney... Who knows what those Hawaii and Alaska teams will end up with in late February?
      Last edited by northernGNAChoopfan; 11-12-2017, 11:47 AM. Reason: so I don't get timed out on making my post =)

Comment

Yay for Hawaii-Hilo beating Western! And well, done SFU.

Comment

Good two games for WOU, wondering where Humboldt transfer Morgan is; Faruq-Bey didn't play second game, he must be hurt. Trammell 8 of 9 3's vs. Fresno Pacific, ties GNAC record. Wow! WOU frosh point guard from Seattle area is very good, it appears.

Some interesting scores out there ...

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            Good two games for WOU, wondering where Humboldt transfer Morgan is; Faruq-Bey didn't play second game, he must be hurt. Trammell 8 of 9 3's vs. Fresno Pacific, ties GNAC record. Wow! WOU frosh point guard from Seattle area is very good, it appears.

Some interesting scores out there ...
            Yeah. Really interesting scores! Hey, I don't get injury reports on your Wolves either, but I did just happen to be on the GNAC page when the first video down on the right, lower corner was a coach Shaw interview, so I watched it (I think on thursday, last week). He mentioned all the injuries they were struggling with... The Humboldt guard may have been on that list-can't remember... They appear to have enough depth to deal with a plethora of injuries though! I'm glad to see Hawken starting. I was a little worried that the transfer from Concordia might haunt him, like it has for others, but it looks like he is thriving after his redshirt season there last year thus far!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
              For the weekend and totals as of now:

CCAA 9-15 (2-6 vs GNAC, 7-9 vs PacWest)

GNAC 13-7 (6-2 vs CCAA, 7-5 vs PacWest)

PacWest 14-14 (9-7 vs CCAA, 5-7 vs GNAC)
              Okay, I'm adding games that were played since 11/11 to the records listed above. The CCAA is not making this task easy because they have already started conference play so it is demanding a lot of deciphering which California teams belong to the CCAA and which to the Pac West.

CCAA 9-15 + 5-3 = 14-18 (3-7 vs GNAC, 11-11 vs PacWest)

GNAC 13-7 + 11-2 = 24-9 ( 7-3 vs CCAA, 17-6 vs PacWest)

Pac West 14-14 + 3-14 = 17-28 ( 11-11 vs CCAA, 6-17 vs GNAC)

It looks to me like the Pac West has played the toughest schedule out of the 3 conferences and their record reflects that (but this is just an opinion). The exception to that is CBU who is again this season, sitting at home playing relatively easy games (when compared to Dixie, APU, Point Loma, etc). Holy Names is up in Alaska playing 4 games in 5 days, and then returning home to host WOU 2 days later... Ummmm. That's hard. The CCAA rarely has left the state of California thus far and, yes it is true that the bulk of the region resides in California, they seem to as a conference largely prefer to stay close to home. It looks to me like WOU is the team in the region to watch right now, although all their damage has been from home and their first road test will be against a road-weary Holy Names team... Looks like the top of the Pac West and the CCAA have already started a lot of beating the heck out of eachother--hard to know what to take away from UCSD, Dixie, Chico, Point Loma, APU, Concordia Irvine, Pamona games. Some of you Pac West folks or CCAA folks who have watched those games closer should weigh in. It's awfully quiet around here...
              Last edited by northernGNAChoopfan; 11-19-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I've been trying to recover after the whirlwind schedule I've had working APU and Pomona games recently. I've seen a lot more of the women's side of things than the men (Seattle Pacific looked great this weekend, though I'd love to see the rematch once Kaiser's healthy). On the men's side, APU had two lousy second halves up at WOU; Western Oregon couldn't miss against us Friday, then we couldn't throw it in the ocean against ENMU the next afternoon. We'll see if things get back on track to the south this week (at San Marcos Tuesday, then two games at Point Loma over the weekend).

Comment

For opening night:

CCAA 6-6 (2-2 vs GNAC, 4-4 vs PacWest)

GNAC 6-4 (4-2 vs PacWest, 2-2 vs CCAA)

PacWest 6-8 (4-4 vs CCAA, 2-4 vs GNAC)

Maybe this looks like the GNAC did good on opening night in the West, but it's 4-2 record over PacWest teams includes victories over Fresno Pacific, Hawaii Hilo, Notre Dame de Namur & the lone quality victory being WOU hanging on for dear life against Point Loma... The traditional cream of the crop PacWest teams played CCAA teams. Not sure how that happened, but WWU sure as heck is not challenging itself with preseason exhibitions or games yet. I will go out on a limb and say after just one game, I expect Hawai'i Pacific to finish much higher in the PacWest than their predicted 7th (I think) place coaches poll vote.
                  Wolves also beat Dixie and APU, two really good programs.

Comment

Okay, I'm adding games that were played since 11/11 to the records listed above. The CCAA is not making this task easy because they have already started conference play so it is demanding a lot of deciphering which California teams belong to the CCAA and which to the Pac West.

It looks to me like the Pac West has played the toughest schedule out of the 3 conferences and their record reflects that (but this is just an opinion). The exception to that is CBU who is again this season, sitting at home playing relatively easy games (when compared to Dixie, APU, Point Loma, etc). Holy Names is up in Alaska playing 4 games in 5 days, and then returning home to host WOU 2 days later... Ummmm. That's hard. The CCAA rarely has left the state of California thus far and, yes it is true that the bulk of the region resides in California, they seem to as a conference largely prefer to stay close to home. It looks to me like WOU is the team in the region to watch right now, although all their damage has been from home and their first road test will be against a road-weary Holy Names team... Looks like the top of the Pac West and the CCAA have already started a lot of beating the heck out of eachother--hard to know what to take away from UCSD, Dixie, Chico, Point Loma, APU, Concordia Irvine, Pamona games. Some of you Pac West folks or CCAA folks who have watched those games closer should weigh in. It's awfully quiet around here...
                    This week:

CCAA 9-1 (4-1 vs GNAC, 5-0 vs PacWest)

GNAC 6-8 (1-4 vs CCAA, 5-4 vs PacWest)

PacWest 4-10 (0-5 vs CCAA, 4-5 vs GNAC)

Total league records as of 11/26/17 (not counting the Sunday games happening about now (CSMB vs Dominican & CSDH vs Chaminade)):

CCAA 9-1 + 14-18 = 23-19 (7-8 vs GNAC, 16-11 vs PacWest) - nice recovery this week CCAA!

GNAC 6-8 + 24-9 = 30-17 (8-7 vs CCAA, 22-10 vs PacWest) - GNAC had a rough week...

PacWest 4-10 + 17-28 = 21-38 (11-16 vs CCAA, 10-22 vs GNAC)

I like SMU beating CBU at home yesterday. That'll win the Saints big points in RPI (is that the right acronym?) come late February! Concordia Portland was listed as receiving votes last week in NABC... They probably lost their votes now! Now it's off to league play!
                    Last edited by northernGNAChoopfan; 11-26-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

WOU Wolves move to 6-0/No. 15 this week, at SFU (upset loss last year on the road) and evil empire on Saturday. Nice to see F-Bey back in the mix with 19 points.

http://www.wouwolves.com/news/2017/1...ve-to-6-0.aspx

Comment

This week:

CCAA 9-1 (4-1 vs GNAC, 5-0 vs PacWest)

GNAC 6-8 (1-4 vs CCAA, 5-4 vs PacWest)

PacWest 4-10 (0-5 vs CCAA, 4-5 vs GNAC)

Total league records as of 11/26/17 (not counting the Sunday games happening about now (CSMB vs Dominican & CSDH vs Chaminade)):

CCAA 9-1 + 14-18 = 23-19 (7-8 vs GNAC, 16-11 vs PacWest) - nice recovery this week CCAA!

GNAC 6-8 + 24-9 = 30-17 (8-7 vs CCAA, 22-10 vs PacWest) - GNAC had a rough week...

PacWest 4-10 + 17-28 = 21-38 (11-16 vs CCAA, 10-22 vs GNAC)

I like SMU beating CBU at home yesterday. That'll win the Saints big points in RPI (is that the right acronym?) come late February! Concordia Portland was listed as receiving votes last week in NABC... They probably lost their votes now! Now it's off to league play!
                        Just thought I would highlight in color and bold some things from a previous post this year (way back in November). I thought, although the PW had the worst non-con record they had played the toughbest non-con schedule collectively. The committee has been disregarding league standings as a way to come up with regional rankings for a while now. Non-con is important and buys you foregivness for a few league losses that shouldn't have otherwise happened. Keep in mind that these records that I figured out are not complete. I ran out of steam when GNAC play started, but it gives you an idea of how region-wide non-con play went.

I don't say this to defend the committee or the PacWest. Those who've been around long enough know that my Nooks finished second to WOU in 2016 and came down the stretch of league play piping hot and did not get into regionals. They might have, but Humboldt upset the CCAA tourney and likely bumped them out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X