Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NNU signs 6-9 player; defeats College of Idaho

NNU had a good week of hoops, beating NAIA power and county rival College of Idaho 76-70 on Tuesday, and then signed who looks like a promising 6-9 prep from California.

http://www.nnusports.com/news/2017/1...alifornia.aspx

I'm hoping to catch a little of their tourney this week, including an intriguing opener on Friday between Concordia and SF State.

Re: NNU signs 6-9 player; defeats College of Idaho

Well, I cannot find him on any of the scouting websites nor on the ESPN 2018 rankings. So obviously not a top recruit. But still appears to be a solid find for DII, especially for NNU

Comment

Re: NNU signs 6-9 player; defeats College of Idaho

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      Well, I cannot find him on any of the scouting websites nor on the ESPN 2018 rankings. So obviously not a top recruit. But still appears to be a solid find for DII, especially for NNU
      This is D2, he's probably not going to be ranked. "Top" recruits go D-1/Power 5, then high mid-major, then mid-major, then low major. D2 is left to get the rest of the guys. Yes, some D2 guys are in data bases, if they're not, that doesn't mean anything. They're good D2 players. I don't think Andy Avgi was in any data base, to be honest. D2 is about finding good players where you can find them and developing them. Not trying to be snarky, but D2 isn't about 5-star/4-star/3-star, it's about getting quality guys who were overlooked and who will stay 4/5 years.

I don't know how good he is, but getting a 6-9 guy with solid junior class numbers is usually pretty decent for D2, isn't it?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X