Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts on CWU/WWU

I was at the big rivalry game last night. The renovated Carver Gym is pretty nice. It was nice not having their student section back from break in full force. There were also plenty of empty reserved seats, which was a bit surprising. Maybe since the game was not televised or maybe because Central has not won in Carver in so many years.

WWU's starting lineup is HUGE. It is unfair! They are bigger than most D1 lineups. 6'6, 6'7, 6'7, 6'9, 7'. Yikes! And those guys play most of the game except for Schilder who gets gassed quicker. But then they have Rojas another 6'6 player off the bench. Their smaller guys Wallace, Fernandez, and Kingma barely play and only fill in while they sub out their starters for a quick rest. CWU's Naim Ladd was nearly a foot shorter than the shortest WWU player for much of the game. It was great to see him back from injury and he played more than expected with Shabazz struggling/in foul trouble and Stepney in foul trouble. He ended up with 14 points and a couple of nice steals, but overall it was a hit for Central's defense though they had no choice since unlike WWU, Central likes to have a point guard on the court at all times. Jerome Bryant also stepped up big with Niles in foul trouble. But WWU is just so tough to size up against. They ended up with like 54 rebounds, 19 offensive. They have so many weapons in that lineup. Amazing what WWU does with basketball, soccer, and volleyball when they don't have a football team to pay for.

And this is a funny coincidence, but I stayed in the same hotel as both CWU and NNU! This is a nice place (Sheraton Four Points).

Re: My Thoughts on CWU/WWU

WWU should have football, no one cares about their soccer and volleyball trams.

Can't wait for the rematch in Monmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      I was at the big rivalry game last night. The renovated Carver Gym is pretty nice. It was nice not having their student section back from break in full force. There were also plenty of empty reserved seats, which was a bit surprising. Maybe since the game was not televised or maybe because Central has not won in Carver in so many years.

WWU's starting lineup is HUGE. It is unfair! They are bigger than most D1 lineups. 6'6, 6'7, 6'7, 6'9, 7'. Yikes! And those guys play most of the game except for Schilder who gets gassed quicker. But then they have Rojas another 6'6 player off the bench. Their smaller guys Wallace, Fernandez, and Kingma barely play and only fill in while they sub out their starters for a quick rest. CWU's Naim Ladd was nearly a foot shorter than the shortest WWU player for much of the game. It was great to see him back from injury and he played more than expected with Shabazz struggling/in foul trouble and Stepney in foul trouble. He ended up with 14 points and a couple of nice steals, but overall it was a hit for Central's defense though they had no choice since unlike WWU, Central likes to have a point guard on the court at all times. Jerome Bryant also stepped up big with Niles in foul trouble. But WWU is just so tough to size up against. They ended up with like 54 rebounds, 19 offensive. They have so many weapons in that lineup. Amazing what WWU does with basketball, soccer, and volleyball when they don't have a football team to pay for.

And this is a funny coincidence, but I stayed in the same hotel as both CWU and NNU! This is a nice place (Sheraton Four Points).
      I've noticed as well that their starting lineup is huge! What did you think of Drechsel's PG duties? Haven't seen them in person this year yet, but on computer he's looked pretty decent and is putting up, on occasion, some of the best numbers from WWU's team...

My UAF travel trip this year is to Bellingham and SFU, so it'll be fun to see the new gym as well... Thanks for the report and glad to see Ladd back. He seems like a crucial piece for CWU, so it'll be fun to watch the UAF/CWU game next week on the computer!

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
        WWU should have football, no one cares about their soccer and volleyball trams.

Can't wait for the rematch in Monmouth.
        As Vince Lombardi said, a school without football is in danger of becoming a medieval study hall.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X