SFU @ MSUB

Saturday:

UAA @ NNU

WOU @ SPU

CU @ SMU

UAF @ CWU

WWU @ MSUB

Re: Week of January 8th GNAC games/results

Alaska beats NNU, wonder where Jones was for NNU, not in the box score? Odd, hope he's still playing, great guy to watch. CWU wins by one in OT, WOU beats St. Martin's by 9, MSU-B wins, SPU by two over Concordia ... CWU's win was by 1 in OT over UAA, sounded like a great game.

Comment

5 way tie for 5th place. Now the GNAC just needs to bring down the two Westerns!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
        Tuesday:

WWU beat SFU @ SFU

Thursday:

UAA 71 @ CWU 72 OT - CWU missed their last 4 FTs down the stretch in regulation when ahead by 4, then UAA hit a 3 and had possession to close the game but turned it over. Yikes. CWU almost gave it away.

WOU 79 @ SMU 71 - another solid win for WOU-looks like SMU played a solid game though. I'm with you CWU W.N. in that I'm eager to see a "Western" fall =)

CU 72 @ SPU 74 - So close for CU for their first win...

UAF 80 @ NNU 74 - Heard that Jones was "concussed" as well as not having Khalil Thompson (sp?) either. That said, UAF looked like the team in control most of the second half and landed 5 players in double figures, but every time they'd get a little lead going, they'd do some stupid stuff and let NNU right back in to tie again. Not a terrific game from either team and UAF was lucky because they were killed on the boards-they'll have to play smarter next match up with said players hopefully back in it for NNU.

SFU 73 @ MSUB 78 - MSUB was down by 12 at half, so it looks like they had what they needed to have in the latter half of the game.

Saturday:

UAA @ NNU

WOU @ SPU

CU @ SMU

UAF @ CWU

WWU @ MSUB
        Results from Thursday are in there now...

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          5 way tie for 5th place. Now the GNAC just needs to bring down the two Westerns!
          Well, WWU, of course. More losses at the top equals an 8 seed in the regional tournament and adios out the door in the first round. The last thing this league needs is only one team at regionals and that being a bad team. That said, I hope WWU loses the rest of the way.

Comment

Good to know. Couple big games in PacWest country this evening, both of which are free for once. Hawai'i Pacific visits Point Loma in a rematch of last year's conference title game (available on ESPN3 at the top of the hour), then at 7:00, current leader Azusa Pacific pays it's one and only visit to CBU's new white elephant (seriously, they're charging $21 a ticket for tonight's game, four times what it took to get into Van Dyne last year. You're not D1 yet!). At least CBU's livestream is free.
            Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 01-13-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

WWU 100 @ MSUB 91 - Trey Drechsel with 26 pts, 8 rbs, 5 assists, and 5 steals (and if you wanna be picky, 5 TOs... That guys is seriously breathing down Tanner's back for POTY.

NNU 79 over UAA 78 in OT - UAA loses the second game by one in OT. Ouch! Seems painful now, but I am as glad as a Nanook can be for them that they are rebuilding their program rather than playing a handful of one year DI drop downs. This will pay off and the season is long. UAA guys on here haven't said much good about them, but they are playing pretty tough considering everything-it'll pay off, trust me on this one.

WOU 83 @ SPU 79 - Tanner had an all-around game with 20 pts, 9 rbs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks and again, if you wanna be picky, 5 TOs. Looks like it was a good game, I'm sure Tsull had a ball.

SMU 75 over CU 62.

UAF 86 @ CWU 83 - Minus the first few minutes and the last few minutes, UAF was in control, but it was a little wobbly down the stretch as a CWU guy (not sure who) hit monster 3 after monster 3 in the final min to get it closer than it had been for a long time. Bet that was fun for my boys playing in a house with over 1000! I'll give CWU the clear win in the dunk contest though :wink:

Comment

Fun game at SPU, though Wolves played sloppy in 2nd half. Looked like a blowout early, Omlid with 11 quick points.

SPU battled hard without best player Miller and key guy Simpson in street clothes, not sure why they were out.

Hawken, Churnside, and Omlid had great games; WOU guards too selfish at times, not locating guys with hot hands, prompting one fan (not me!) to say quietly, "pass the f---ing ball!"

Nevertheless, a great game, spirited crowd of 700, lots of fun.

* WOU's 7th straight win over SPU, never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X