4. Western Washington
    5. Alaska Anchorage
    6. Montana State Billings
    7. Northwest Nazarene
    8. Central Washington
    9. Alaska
    10. Concordia
    11. Simon Fraser

Can't argue much with the top 4. Both SMU and SPU return a ton of players. WOU always seems to rebound fast after losing key players. And WWU is, well, WWU, despite losing some key players. But oh dear CWU is UNDERRATED!!! I may be slightly biased, but I am still honestly saying CWU should be #6 ahead of NNU and MSUB. I think CWU's incoming juco guards and the D2 transfer Jackson Price will be able to replace the production of Shabazz and Stepney. Plus, Naim Ladd should be healthy again. I certainly see Central making the GNAC playoffs.

My rankings:
    SMU
    SPU
    WWU
    WOU
    UAA
    CWU
    NNU
    MSUB
    Concordia
    UAF
    SFU

Re: GNAC Preseason Poll

It's a more interesting poll than it usually is, that's for sure. I think mostly due to all the coaching swaps and transfers. I'm not convinced that SPU deserves 2nd. They bring back some guys, but I just haven't seen those guys and their newish coach come through when push comes to shove late in the last few seasons; think they'll probably start well, but I'll be paying attention in February to see about SPU. UAA at 5th is purely the other coaches respecting Osborne and his ability to put together a tough team whether they are actually good or not most years; especially considering they don't bring hardly anything back that produced a whole lot last year. MSUB moving up to 6th is also largely the respect the other coaches have for Durham and potentially that they think he'll be able to do more in his home state of Montana than he was able to in Alaska. I see your point about CWU being kind of low, but think it's par for the course when you lose guys and get a new coach in who doesn't know the GNAC and can't really know it till he's done it for a season. I wouldn't worry about it being a lack of respect though; this poll doesn't matter and it is easier going into a season with less pressure than it is to go in carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Otherwise, most of the rankings make sense based on past performance, coaching changes, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X