Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiggs scores UAA record 46 points in 98-92 win over CWU

UAA shots lights out in Ellensburg and dodged a comeback attempt by CWU. Dom Hunter scored 30 against his former teammates (and I suspect was highly motivated to do so) and CWU hit 56% from the field but it was not enough. Not exactly a defensive struggle. Hammell was, as usual, a ball magnet with 16 boards - no one else had over 5. One interesting fact was that UAA had a total of 2 points from their bench. Next time they play, UAA is going to have to limit their turnovers and not give up so many fast break points in order to win, as it is highly unlikely that they are going to shoot like this again.

Re: Wiggs scores UAA record 46 points in 98-92 win over CWU

What a wild good game. So tough for CWU to have that hot of an offense and still lose. But credit to UAA for shooting like they did! Wow! Fitting to see Wiggs and Hunter as the two big scorers. Insane game of college hoops for sure.

Comment

Yeah UAA sure let one get away with Dom Hunter who is averaging just under 30 at this point in the season. Off that same team he lost Diouf, who could be an All American center this season for Cal Baptist.

Comment

Great offensive game for sure! Interesting note: UAA starters Devine, Wiggs, Mitchell, Hammell, and Svejcar were not team mates with Dom Hunter or Kalidu Diouf at Anchorage.

Comment

Wiggs, 14 of 17 from the field, 7 of 8 from 3-point land -- wow! Also, UAA shoots 68 percent as a team from 3-point land. When that happens, you win.

I noticed when I saw CWU vs. WOU last year in Monmouth, the Wildcats had talent and took an early lead, but then gave up on the defensive side of the ball and WOU went on a huge run, game over. Wonder if they have the same issues this year? Talent is not a problem at CWU, it might be defense.

* I'm looking forward to the UAA-NNU game on Saturday, I'm going.

** Nice with by UAF last night, too bad St. Martin's couldn't pull off the upset at home vs. WWU.

Comment

Reminded me of a game back in the days of Lance Ben Boer when CWU came to UAA and shot 72% from 3. Then they went to UAF and made about 15% the next game IIRC. Hopefully UAA won't experience the same thing next game.

Diouf had a very serious disciplinary issue at UAA from what I understood - not sure he got away. Also always thought Diouf was suspect defensively, but haven't seen him lately I liked Hunter's play and think we did lose him, but just don't think he was a fit personality wise - CWU a much better fit for him. Not surprised he is doing well there. Good for him.

Comment

Great game to catch the end of... It'll be fun in February to see part II of this game and where these teams are at then. Would agree with everything that has already been said. Super fun night. I also caught a bit of the end of the SMU/WWU game. SMU tried to make a little run at the end and closed it to within 5 once, but WWU was looking pretty good. Hate to say it for all of the WWU haters here (me included), but I think they look good and they look "for real" this year. They'll match up with SPU Saturday in Seattle, right... Should be interesting. Falcons are little up and down and all over, WWU pretty steady. Might be a fun one too.

Comment

CWU is now 298 out of 307 teams in scoring defense, allowing 90.3 ppg, an 264th in 3 point defense (39.4%). Gotta lock down that perimeter!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X