Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Sparling Commits to D1 UT-Arlington

https://twitter.com/Sparling_23/stat...14608175063040

Another former CWU Wildcat is heading to D1. His season at Southern Idaho hasn't even begun yet. He will have two years left

Re: Coleman Sparling Commits to D1 UT-Arlington

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sparling_23/stat...14608175063040

Another former CWU Wildcat is heading to D1. His season at Southern Idaho hasn't even begun yet. He will have two years left
    CSI is such a factory, UT-Arlington is counting on him to develop. Friend of mine who saw him as a prep said not really D-1 (I think had one D-1 offer out of high school in mighty New Hampshire), probably a good D2 player. It will be interesting to see how he, Miller (Montana), WWU guy at Grand Canyon, and Shabazz, work out in D-1. If they do, good job. Personally, I'd rather play than sit, and I think most of these guys will sit, maybe Miller will play as Montana gets decimated by graduation after this year right when he gets eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      CSI is such a factory, UT-Arlington is counting on him to develop. Friend of mine who saw him as a prep said not really D-1 (I think had one D-1 offer out of high school in mighty New Hampshire), probably a good D2 player. It will be interesting to see how he, Miller (Montana), WWU guy at Grand Canyon, and Shabazz, work out in D-1. If they do, good job. Personally, I'd rather play than sit, and I think most of these guys will sit, maybe Miller will play as Montana gets decimated by graduation after this year right when he gets eligible.
      Watched MSUB play GCU last night in an exhibition. GCU had a nice link to watch it for free on youtube. Seems like Stretch Portal has more issues and some schools are linking their stream to youtube for easier access for fans. Trey Drechsel did not start the game for GCU, but came in at about the 14 min of first half, did phenomenal at PG and then started the second half. It's not the end of the story, because they were playing MSUB, but he certainly did well. Let's see if he can find as much success when faced with DI defenses...

On the other hand, MSUB got clobbered in the 2nd half, but I thought it looked like they have some pretty good depth at many positions and they were definitely running classic Durham style sets. Again; don't want to say too much after an exhibition, but I thought and think they are going to well in the GNAC this year if they keep coming together as a group and utilize all their different skills...

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
        Watched MSUB play GCU last night in an exhibition. GCU had a nice link to watch it for free on youtube. Seems like Stretch Portal has more issues and some schools are linking their stream to youtube for easier access for fans. Trey Drechsel did not start the game for GCU, but came in at about the 14 min of first half, did phenomenal at PG and then started the second half. It's not the end of the story, because they were playing MSUB, but he certainly did well. Let's see if he can find as much success when faced with DI defenses...

On the other hand, MSUB got clobbered in the 2nd half, but I thought it looked like they have some pretty good depth at many positions and they were definitely running classic Durham style sets. Again; don't want to say too much after an exhibition, but I thought and think they are going to well in the GNAC this year if they keep coming together as a group and utilize all their different skills...
        Drechsel will play minutes for GC. His playing time outlook took a hit when Washington transfer Carlos Johnson received a waiver from the NCAA allowing him to play immediately forgoing the customary year off for transfers.

Comment

Comment

We'll see what happens, glad to eat crow if it happens. Guys are D-1 out of high school or they're not, 355 D-1 coaches and their assistants aren't all mis-evaluating these guys. Don't give me grades either: If you can get into SPU, WWU, CWU, you can get into a ton of D-1 schools, I know guys in D-1 who are incredibly dumb and can't believe they got out of high school. The all-time leading scorer at one school I know could barely speak in complete sentences.

You need to get out more.

Comment

Comment

Like I said, I'll eat crow and you obviously haven't read this board in the past. I pumped up Miller like no tomorrow here and said he was one of my favorite players in the GNAC. People here got tired of me pumping up Miller, one calling him "my boy."

Sure, I like the GNAC -- I'm from a GNAC school and want the conference to succeed. If it's a sorry conference, get off this board then as this board is for the GNAC. I've always been impressed with Miller's play and thought it was a huge loss for SPU last year when he got injured. UM coach is pretty good, Miller might shine there, who knows?

I don't get going onto a D2/GNAC board and ripping on the GNAC and expecting that people will like that. There are Big Sky and WAC boards out there for you, right?

Comment

Like I said, I'll eat crow and you obviously haven't read this board in the past. I pumped up Miller like no tomorrow here and said he was one of my favorite players in the GNAC. People here got tired of me pumping up Miller, one calling him "my boy."

Sure, I like the GNAC -- I'm from a GNAC school and want the conference to succeed. If it's a sorry conference, get off this board then as this board is for the GNAC. I've always been impressed with Miller's play and thought it was a huge loss for SPU last year when he got injured. UM coach is pretty good, Miller might shine there, who knows?

I don't get going onto a D2/GNAC board and ripping on the GNAC and expecting that people will like that. There are Big Sky and WAC boards out there for you, right?

Comment

Good for him, hope he plays well.

Do you really think these players feelings are that fragile that they can't get critiqued on a message board that few people read? I know their millennials and they've been raised by helicopter parents who want to make sure they have cushy landings at each spot in life. C'mon, Dreschel, Miller, etc. aren't the p-ssies you think they are. They're NOT that fragile. They know if they play D-1 ball they can get critiqued. They know when they played prep and D-2 ball there was little to no criticism.

It's OK to defend them, but you make them sound ultra-soft. I don't think they are. I doubt they're going back to their apartments crying because some people thought they wouldn't transition well to D-1.

You should get on an FBS message board some time, makes this place look like Kindergarten.
                    Last edited by tsull; 11-06-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Good for him, hope he plays well.

Do you really think these players feelings are that fragile that they can't get critiqued on a message board that few people read? I know their millennials and they've been raised by helicopter parents who want to make sure they have cushy landings at each spot in life. C'mon, Dreschel, Miller, etc. aren't the p-ssies you think they are. They're NOT that fragile. They know if they play D-1 ball they can get critiqued. They know when they played prep and D-2 ball there was little to no criticism.

It's OK to defend them, but you make them sound ultra-soft. I don't think they are. I doubt they're going back to their apartments crying because some people thought they wouldn't transition well to D-1.

You should get on an FBS message board some time, makes this place look like Kindergarten.

Comment

Derek, I think you are drawing the wrong conclusion. This board is generally positive about D2 basketball. Certainly nothing nearly as bad as is out there on social media. I don't know you or where you play but wish you the best regardless next season.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGNAC View Post
                          Derek, I think you are drawing the wrong conclusion. This board is generally positive about D2 basketball. Certainly nothing nearly as bad as is out there on social media. I don't know you or where you play but wish you the best regardless next season.
                          I don't know why critiquing someone's game is considered "hating." This is where society went askew, when critiquing something became hating. No, hating is something like a racist remark, insulting the appearance of someone, or their economic status, or their character.

Critiquing or wondering if a player can transition up to the next level isn't "hatin'" it's just critiquing. Let's face it, other than a coach telling them to move to this spot on the floor or try harder, no one has publicly critiqued these guys' games. The second they get questioned, people get jumped here.

Reminds me of the mom, who wanted to sit in on her daughter's job performance review. Again, the ol' soft landing. I don't blame millennials, I blame the people who raised them like this. Thankfully, not all have been raised like this, many are tough and resilient. I feel for those who have been provided the soft landing at each and every turn. Adjusting to life's obstacles will be tough for them.

Meanwhile, this is a board to support and pump up D2 basketball. There are Big Sky, WAC, WCC, Pac-12, etc., boards out there, plenty of them. If people think the league is "sorry" they should go to another board ... or maybe the "my kids' feelings are hurt" board.

Comment

Here's our guy Derek. Nice game, engaging personality, dominant player at UCCS. Not sure why he thinks D2 and the players who play in that division aren't worth anything, seems like he did well there. Wherever he lands, I hope he does well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLs5x9VyWLc

Comment

Trying to get back on topic, here is a story from the Daily Record about the Sparling family https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/spor...cc56a45be.html

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X