Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Basketball...

Lots of great West Region games starting up on Friday and over the weekend and into the start of next week. Wondering if some of our CCAA and PacWest friends will start chiming in... I'm sure there are some good PacWest/CCAA matchups not listed here, so fill us in on those. Maybe we can start keeping track of the West Region games/records starting this weekend, posting results and records here?

Friday:
    Fairbanks @ Chaminade
    Anchorage @ Hawaii Pacific
    Cal State Dominguez Hills vs Western Washington
    Simon Fraser @ UC San Diego
    Fresno Pacific vs Saint Martins
    Billings @ Point Loma
    Cal Poly Pomona vs Seattle Pacific
    Concordia Portland @ San Bernardino

Saturday:
    Chaminade vs Anchorage
    Hawaii Pacific vs Fairbanks
    Dominguez Hills vs Simon Fraser
    Fresno Pacific vs Billings
    Western Washington @ San Diego
    Central Washington @ San Bernardino
    Monterey Bay vs Concordia Portland
    Saint Martin's @ Point Loma
    Seattle Pacific @ Chico

Monday:
    Fairbanks @ Hawaii Hilo
    Saint Martin's @ San Diego

Re: Back to the Basketball...

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Lots of great West Region games starting up on Friday and over the weekend and into the start of next week. Wondering if some of our CCAA and PacWest friends will start chiming in... I'm sure there are some good PacWest/CCAA matchups not listed here, so fill us in on those. Maybe we can start keeping track of the West Region games/records starting this weekend, posting results and records here?

Friday:
    Fairbanks @ Chaminade
    Anchorage @ Hawaii Pacific
    Cal State Dominguez Hills vs Western Washington
    Simon Fraser @ UC San Diego
    Fresno Pacific vs Saint Martins
    Billings @ Point Loma
    Cal Poly Pomona vs Seattle Pacific
    Concordia Portland @ San Bernardino

Saturday:
    Chaminade vs Anchorage
    Hawaii Pacific vs Fairbanks
    Dominguez Hills vs Simon Fraser
    Fresno Pacific vs Billings
    Western Washington @ San Diego
    Central Washington @ San Bernardino
    Monterey Bay vs Concordia Portland
    Saint Martin's @ Point Loma
    Seattle Pacific @ Chico

Monday:
    Fairbanks @ Hawaii Hilo
    Saint Martin's @ San Diego
    Some tremendous games, St. Martin's at Point Loma really stands out. Wish WOU was part of this.

Comment

I'm also really interested to hear how the Billings @ Point Loma game goes as well as the Seattle Pacific @ CPP for tomorrow. I would expect Point Loma to beat Billings, but I guess I won't be surprised if MSUB keeps it close. On Saturday Saint Martin's @ PLNU, SPU @ Chico, Central @ San Bernardino and Western Washington @ San Diego all stand out as great West Region match-ups. Then Saint Martin's @ San Diego on Monday too. Of course I'm deeply curious to see how the Alaska schools do in Hawaii too, but they are not the marquee games over the next days, I'd say. I watched Fairbanks on Monday night here for our town's first taste of Sparling and the team this year. It's hard to conclude too much, but it sure as heck is very different than Durham style ball. There were some great things that were exciting and some sloppiness too. You can definately see a difference between who he recruited and who stayed on as a Durham recruit. Durham's guys are going to have to give it all to adapt... Everybody will know a lot more about themselves by Tuesday, that's for sure!

Comment

CWU vs Monterey on Friday, too. Not sure why it wasn't listed on GNAC website schedule. CPP/SPU, PLNU/SMU, and UCSD/SMU should be good ones

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          CWU vs Monterey on Friday, too. Not sure why it wasn't listed on GNAC website schedule. CPP/SPU, PLNU/SMU, and UCSD/SMU should be good ones
          Just some tremendous games and I would hope the D2 athletic administrations do more than just give these a casual glance and not be happy with the pre-season 250 people at a game. I know there are some people who will trash D2 (we've already seen it on this board), but it's a good brand of basketball and very family friendly (affordable). A lot of these schools don't have football, so what are the fans waiting for, spring golf? I hope fans attend the games.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
            I'm noticing a lot of games not listed there this year... We'll have to keep our eyes open!!! I thought WOU didn't have any west region games and Tsull pointed out they have a few in Hawaii not listed too... Hmmm?

The games in Chico are cancelled due to fires now, so the tourney with SPU, Chico, CPP, and Azusa is not going to happen. Major bummer for those teams. Really hope everyone stays safe.

Comment

Saint Martin's takes down Fresno 86-61. I noticed last week that Preseason POTY Chavez did not play in their exhibition loss. He did not start today and only played 15 minutes. One must assume he's not healthy. Hope he gets healthy soon! The Saints are looking pretty deep. They were lead by a well rounded effort from senior Baerlocher.

At half HPU is leading UAA 45-38 with preseason POTY Janssen leading the Sharks with 17 in the half. Bevens, for UAA with 25, but nobody else with more than a bucket. Billings will kick off with PacWest preseason favorite Point Loma in a few.

Need I say... it's good to be in November!

Comment

Anchorage squeaks out the win 83-79, after clawing there way back in it and holding a tight lead down the stretch. Many more players got involved down the stretch and they made up for some of their deficits in the paint and rebounds in the 2nd. MSUB leading most of first half against PLNU, although PLNU gets edge at half and leading a close one in the second. 67-61 with just over 9 mins left to play.... Nooks tipping off now.

Comment

Chaminade 69 over UAF 67... UAF lucky that Baham hit some late 3s to make it close. That is ugly. 6 assists, 16 turnovers, 2 coaching technicals... Boy. Guys taking 16 to 17 shots while making only a few of those. I think we need to work on passing and an identity that consists of more than run-and-gun. Kluting barely touching it. Foolish to not utilize the talent they have by letting players just run wild.

Point Loma pulls away from MSUB at the end of the second half for a bigger than close win. Had they not gotten Hommes from WWU, it woulda been close (Hommes with 33)... MSUB doesn't have bad numbers, they just couldn't keep pace down the stretch it seems.

Comment

Okay, seems like the big story of the weekend has to be the Saint's taking down PLNU on their home floor for a huge comeback win 81-76. Ryan Looney's take on the game seems legit. The Saint's are disciplined and play team ball: https://plnusealions.com/news/2018/1...l-stunned.aspx

Of note, Daulton Hommes scored 33 & 37 points against MSUB & SMU this weekend in his opening debut at PLNU. Sometimes that can be problematic for a team too though.

WWU falls in a close one to UCSD, UAA falls to Chaminade as well, UAF to HPU. CWU loses a tough one in OT to San Bernardino. Looks like MSUB had a rough game against FPU, one they probably should have won...

Okay. Done talking to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                      Okay, seems like the big story of the weekend has to be the Saint's taking down PLNU on their home floor for a huge comeback win 81-76. Ryan Looney's take on the game seems legit. The Saint's are disciplined and play team ball: https://plnusealions.com/news/2018/1...l-stunned.aspx

Of note, Daulton Hommes scored 33 & 37 points against MSUB & SMU this weekend in his opening debut at PLNU. Sometimes that can be problematic for a team too though.

WWU falls in a close one to UCSD, UAA falls to Chaminade as well, UAF to HPU. CWU loses a tough one in OT to San Bernardino. Looks like MSUB had a rough game against FPU, one they probably should have won...

Okay. Done talking to myself.
                      GREAT win for St. Martin's and the GNAC, huge! Love it, Chavez back on the floor, nice. Tremendous. I respect Looney, no love loss between him and WOU, however, especially when WOU was reeling off the wins over his SPU teams and last year's hard-fought Wolves win at regionals. Dude can coach it, however. He's intense, which is good, just glad St. Martin's won, their guy can coach it, too.

* I know San Diego is one of the top cities in America, but 302 in the house at Point Loma is weak sauce.

Comment

It may be for the best that APU didn't get to play those games in Chico last week. They're having trouble holding onto leads here in the early going. Blew a double-digit lead in a couple games at that preseason tourney in Orange, and survived blowing a 17-point edge at CSULA tonight, scoring at the buzzer to win 80-78. Cougars are 2-2, 1-0 in the region heading up to Seattle this weekend for a pair of games against CWU and SPU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X