Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWU Crushes UCSD

Wow. Western goes to San Diego to crush UCSD 104-81! Stafford is continuing his breakout year 44 points 15/21 FG, 7/9 3-point shooting. Parker 25 pts on 5/7 3-point shooting. WWU shot nearly 60%, 58% from distance.

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...go-12-12-2016/

Re: WWU Crushes UCSD

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Wow. Western goes to San Diego to crush UCSD 104-81! Stafford is continuing his breakout year 44 points 15/21 FG, 7/9 3-point shooting. Parker 25 pts on 5/7 3-point shooting. WWU shot nearly 60%, 58% from distance.

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...go-12-12-2016/
    Unfortunately, WWU is very good this year. Think about all the gushing they got last year for having a so-so season. The love-fest on this board will be unbearable this year. :curse:

Comment

Well, they will have a very tough 2 games in Vegas. vs 12-1 WTAMU and 8-1 Tarleton State. Those games will be their biggest test.

Comment

I guess there is no doubt that WWU is the real deal this year! You don't see UCSD get dismantled like that very often. My feeling right now is that WWU and CBU are the best two teams in the region, and that Chico, San Diego, and SF State are a step behind. The depth of the CCAA will make sure they are battle tested come playoff time, though!

Comment

It is still early and WWU has only really played three real games, but those last 3 games are pretty convincing. You don't go on the road and beat SMU, SPU and UCSD if you aren't any good. Looked at the UCSD box score, and other than WWU shooting 60% from field and the 3, I found two things interesting: (1) they didn't beat up UCSD on the boards and (2) on 37 baskets they only had 10 assists. I would interpret that as this was more of a fluke w/r/t shooting percentage and the margin of victory, but then again I didn't see the game. With two road wins, WWU seems to be in the driver's seat in the GNAC at present, but there are still 18 games to play. Looking forward to seeing GNAC games at home with the new year, as it looks like it is going to be very competitive this year top to bottom with maybe the exception of Simon Fraser.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X