Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Region Bracket Outrage!

Gonna talk some women's hoops here for a bit. Bare with me...

Women's Bracket: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d2/2020

This is an outrage! CWU defeated Simon Fraser, who was ranked 9th last week. Then they lost by just 2 to Anchorage in the final seconds of a heartbreaker. And they beat Western earlier in the season, too, and only lost by 5 to #1 Hawaii Pacific in non-con play. Meanwhile, Cal Poly lost their first CCAA Tournament game to an unranked team Stanislaus State (who CWU also beat earlier, too!). Yet SPP got in over CWU? How is this? Okay yeah CPP beat UCSD back in December. But you need to reward the team who plays better in their conference tournament; this is March! Heartbreaking for the Wildcats to miss out on a much-deserved opportunity in the postseason.

Agreed. I figured they'd be an 8 seed at best, but it's's still in the dance. Pretty frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      Gonna talk some women's hoops here for a bit. Bare with me...

Women's Bracket: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d2/2020

This is an outrage! CWU defeated Simon Fraser, who was ranked 9th last week. Then they lost by just 2 to Anchorage in the final seconds of a heartbreaker. And they beat Western earlier in the season, too, and only lost by 5 to #1 Hawaii Pacific in non-con play. Meanwhile, Cal Poly lost their first CCAA Tournament game to an unranked team Stanislaus State (who CWU also beat earlier, too!). Yet SPP got in over CWU? How is this? Okay yeah CPP beat UCSD back in December. But you need to reward the team who plays better in their conference tournament; this is March! Heartbreaking for the Wildcats to miss out on a much-deserved opportunity in the postseason.
      IIRC there is no longer any bias for recent play in the calculation. GNAC got 3 teams in. Given the balanced representation on the committee, it is improbable to expect that they will put in 4 if they don't have to put in a long shot conference champion. Bad break for CWU.

I do note that the CCAA got 4 teams in the men's bracket and the GNAC only 2, so that sucks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X