Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno A: Grant another year of eligibility

Renowned UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma says the NCAA should grant seniors an extra year of eligibility. He says they should make an exception for this one time rare occurrence. Agree. Also, he says if teams are over the scholarship amount, the NCAA should foot the bill. Agree, it's a very wealthy, tax-free organization, they can afford it. I say the NCAA should be benevolent for once and do this.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/

There is a Change.com petition. But only for spring athletes, which I agree with. Sorry about March Madness, but winter athletes had their seasons. Spring seasons have just begun conference play so those athletes will really need an extra season

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem with winter athletes getting another year. Half the seniors won't want it, another half will. Not all college athletes -- as depicted in the national media -- are super crushed by this and crying their eyes out. Some play for jerk coaches and have jerk teammates and are don't with it all. Some really have a great experience. I have a bigger problem with million dollar assistant football coaches and $10M a year football and men's basketball coaches than I do granting a collegiate basketball player another year of eligibility.

Since the redshirt is rarely used anymore, why not just give them another year? It wouldn't be that hard to tweak, somehow they figure out ways to build zillion dollar athletic palaces and hire dozens of administrators at 6 figures; not hard to grant extra years of eligibility.

Comment

D1 spring athletes granted another year.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          D1 spring athletes granted another year.
          I think D2 and D3 were too. Also, they were saying that the D2 athletes on scholarship would not count against the total limit. Not sure who is going to pay for that, but I think the colleges could find the money. I like having the NCAA foot the bill for this one time happening.

Comment

Maverick Compliance
            @MAV_Rules1h

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X