Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good replies. I think one thing with D2 is there are a few recruiting models: as noted the SPU 4-year player model. I'm not sure all schools can pull that off, though I greatly admire them for doing so. Even some of their great teams had transfers -- Andy Poling of Gonzaga, WSU 6-8 guy, and so forth.

The thing about D2 is I think the JC market is even more attractive now as D-1 is hitting the 4-year and grad transfer portal more. It makes more JC's available for D2. As I said, some of the guys NNU has been bringing in from the Arizona JC's are basically D-1 guys. All three I mentioned -- Arms, Migwa, Alley -- would start in the Big Sky, no problem, and Arms would be one of the conferences top players. (He's at D1 Winthrop now, betcha he starts next year.) There's solid JC talent in the Northwest; there's great JC talent in California and Arizona. With today's fluid roster changes (especially in D1), a D2 school can get good rather quick with transfers, look what Shabazz (Seattle prep player/Iowa JC player) did for UAF, he made them immediately relevant.

Comment

Comment

Cool stuff, I think UAA is loaded next year; GNAC should be very good, IMO. It would be fun to watch those summer games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X