Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU loses by 40 to...Billings

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...gs-01-31-2019/

CWU Basketball has reached a new low. I have no idea if they have ever even lost by 40 to any other DII team. But to lose by that much to Billings? I don't care if they are missing two starters. No excuse. Montoya their former D1 senior was 0/7 tonight while their top Juco transfer and leading scorer Boykin was 1/6. 5th year senior Ladd was 1/5. The team will never win as long as those guys are that ineffective. But I am guessing CWU's guards rarely get a clean look from the perimeter, as CWU has very little size and inside game right now. I have never seen CWU's offense have such a span of ice cold offense. When I attended CWU they were always an 80-90 ppg team. CWU has to figure things out and heal up because they play at WWU next week.

Re: CWU loses by 40 to...Billings

Hey now, don't get too down. That was me last week and then everyone was scolding me that I ask too much to pull off more in one season than to beat UAA by 1 point (:curse:). From what I've seen, CWU has a lot of potential to pick it up in the next few years and much like UAF right now, they have a mix of Sparling's recruits and Rinta's and they seem to be a bit different in style and approach. I think they'll be back in the mix next year or so. And just like I was told last week, Concordia and Simon Fraser are looking a bit better than they have, so it seems the whole league, minus UAF and CWU have improved (although I'd argue that WWU has slid a bit too). I have more faith in CWU getting competitive in league play again than I do UAF! Plus, MSUB just destroyed SPU last week at home too. Billings is looking pretty good right now. Mick's got the complete package in his team there and tactically, Durham can really destroy teams that are struggling, when he's got a good group. Billings is young too, so I would be looking for them to really come on next year. They just need to work on their consistency and pulling out bigger wins against tougher competition... Anyways. Give it time, be patient. I'm trying to do the same, but some nights it is just too ugly to not rant.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X