Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC results

Mountain Standard time sweeps their home stand this week and if CWU wants in on that too, we can say if you're East of the Cascades, you swept at home this week.

99-94 MSUB over UAF in a game that was closer than that score indicates :crying: (that's me crying)

85-80 NNU over SPU and in a headline that you never thought you'd hear, NNU gets SPU on the boards and spreads the love all over for balanced scoring.

84-69 CWU over SMU WITHOUT HUNTER...

97-70 CUP over SFU

84-76 WWU over WOU
    to hold down first place in the GNAC, but the WOU guys sure do look good in their new crisp, white home jerseys (those gray things were so drab).

Message Board tip of the week: Tsull is gonna be surly this week, losing to the team many of us love to hate and particularly him! The only thing that could make him more surly is to have another team go DI! Although, come to think of it, pretty much everyone on the message board for the GNAC is in the pits this week, except for CWU fans... Big match up next week with WWU for them.

Re: GNAC results

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Mountain Standard time sweeps their home stand this week and if CWU wants in on that too, we can say if you're East of the Cascades, you swept at home this week.

99-94 MSUB over UAF in a game that was closer than that score indicates :crying: (that's me crying)

85-80 NNU over SPU and in a headline that you never thought you'd hear, NNU gets SPU on the boards and spreads the love all over for balanced scoring.

84-69 CWU over SMU WITHOUT HUNTER...

97-70 CUP over SFU

84-76 WWU over WOU
    to hold down first place in the GNAC, but the WOU guys sure do look good in their new crisp, white home jerseys (those gray things were so drab).

Message Board tip of the week: Tsull is gonna be surly this week, losing to the team many of us love to hate and particularly him! The only thing that could make him more surly is to have another team go DI! Although, come to think of it, pretty much everyone on the message board for the GNAC is in the pits this week, except for CWU fans... Big match up next week with WWU for them.
    Actually was pleased with the WOU effort vs. WWU, nearly pulled off the upset, even shooting at 41%. Watched coach's show online and Shaw explained a lot of the dynamics of this year's team. Said he is redshirting Nestell this year.

Where's Hunter for CWU?

Pulling for NNU in the town in which I work. Would like to see them make the GNAC tourney.

Comment

CWU without Hunter, SMU without Ingram. But CWU's guard depth always bails them out. Nice to see Rodgers get his first start since 2014-15 season

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        CWU without Hunter, SMU without Ingram. But CWU's guard depth always bails them out. Nice to see Rodgers get his first start since 2014-15 season
        Where's Hunter? Hurt? He's my mid-season pick for GNAC Player of the Year. I don't want to see the talent go missing, I love watching great players. Hope he returns soon.

Comment

Glad to see that Hunter has done well. I suspected he would fair far better at CWU than UAA. It was a good move for him. Hope he isn't hurt seriously.

UAA continues to disappoint on the road. It seems that they are getting the best games from their opponents on the road - being ranked at beginning of season and picked to win the GNAC not doing them any favors. Was really disappointing to see that MSUB made a 3 with 2 seconds left to win by 1. I only got to watch the last half of the first half and the first half of the last half (is that too confusing?). UAA dominated for most of the time but couldn't buy a basket for about 5 minutes in the second and gave up a nice lead. I would complain about a couple of no calls but the feed wasn't clear enough to tell if they were bad or just seemed that way. The only good news is that UAA has WWU, CWU, MSUB and NNU all at home in the second half of the season, while WWU has UAA, CWU, MSUB and NNU all on the road. So I am still not giving up on UAA as the regular season conference champs.

Comment

Just a note on the poor video feed in GNAC games. If you have time, the day after most GNAC MBB games, you have the opportunity to rewatch your favorite teams/games by the "On Demand" selection when going to the video portal. Most have expressed some problem in viewing "Live" games. The feeds seem to split the audio and video with the video running a different speed than audio when watching "Live". In the "On Demand" selection the audio and video are streamed in a single file and is a much improved game watching experience even if you already know the out come of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_AK View Post
              Glad to see that Hunter has done well. I suspected he would fair far better at CWU than UAA. It was a good move for him. Hope he isn't hurt seriously.

UAA continues to disappoint on the road. It seems that they are getting the best games from their opponents on the road - being ranked at beginning of season and picked to win the GNAC not doing them any favors. Was really disappointing to see that MSUB made a 3 with 2 seconds left to win by 1. I only got to watch the last half of the first half and the first half of the last half (is that too confusing?). UAA dominated for most of the time but couldn't buy a basket for about 5 minutes in the second and gave up a nice lead. I would complain about a couple of no calls but the feed wasn't clear enough to tell if they were bad or just seemed that way. The only good news is that UAA has WWU, CWU, MSUB and NNU all at home in the second half of the season, while WWU has UAA, CWU, MSUB and NNU all on the road. So I am still not giving up on UAA as the regular season conference champs.
              I think I heard somewhere that Hunter was "ill"... Hopefully that means he had a cold or a mild flu and will be back this week for their WWU matchup. I don't know if you can attribute UAA's losses to their opponents playing their best games with UAA though... MSUB beat WWU @ WWU and WWU's best game was clearly their creaming of UCSD @ their place. And NNU has won some games they were not expected to on the road as well. But yes, I too noticed the other day that UAA will get all those games at home for the second half of the season. UAA will have a great opportunity at home tomorrow with WOU too. As much as happened last year in the second half of the season, I think it's totally within the realm of possibilities that they pull out a conference win at this point...

Originally posted by GNACHOOPS View Post
              Just a note on the poor video feed in GNAC games. If you have time, the day after most GNAC MBB games, you have the opportunity to rewatch your favorite teams/games by the "On Demand" selection when going to the video portal. Most have expressed some problem in viewing "Live" games. The feeds seem to split the audio and video with the video running a different speed than audio when watching "Live". In the "On Demand" selection the audio and video are streamed in a single file and is a much improved game watching experience even if you already know the out come of the game.
              I don't find this to be true with the "on demand" games. They tend to stream similar to how they stream live in my experience. I sure wish that WOU, UAA, and SFU would offer non-HD streams, because their "crisp" pictures sure seem to take faster internet than I have. Most other locations come through decent for me, but last week I watched the MSUB games against the Alaska schools and on Thursday the feed was great and on Saturday the feed was terrible. ??? I don't know why and can only imagine maybe the increased viewing/internet traffic on Saturday night made it pause and skip so much?

On another note, I hope the guys from Oregon brought some warm layers! It's cold up here. Looks like things are fresh in Anchorage too, but Concordia will be getting the worst of Fairbanks tonight as we were at -49 much of today and they are predicting -50s tonight.

Comment

Minus 50 degrees? Ugh. And I was complaining about our zero the other day, which was cold. It was 14 today, felt like a sauna. :laugh:

Wolves are playing better, some interesting games up there.

Comment

But it's a dry cold. Lol....

Comment

Originally posted by lv2hoop View Post
                    But it's a dry cold. Lol....
                    Ha! At minus 50, there's no hope!

Comment

If you live in Fbx, in winter you stop using the minus before the temp - it is assumed that the temp is below zero.
                      Learned this on one of my first trips to Fbx when I heard two old guys at the table next to me in the airport coffee shop - "Supposed to get 50 tonight" "Yeah, got down to 45 at my place last night."

Comment

You know the best thing about a -50 snap? -30 feels freakin balmy the next day. And today, -10 is downright tropical! But I will say, it has been a very long time since I've seen the ice fog so thick. Poor Concordia~they got the absolute worst of Fairbanks and they didn't even get to take advantage of the Fairbanks team I'm sure like they were hoping to. Their coach seems really personable and Christopher Edwards was great inside for them...

Looking forward to seeing WOU tomorrow night. They have so many new guards, I don't really know who is who at all on that team-just a lot of new names and a lot of players seeing minutes. Sounds like Anchorage adjusted their lineup a little to play against them. Anyways. Should be fun!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X