Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In women's news, CWU just got a big time signee in Samoan basketball athlete Shaylee Coulter-Faamafu, out of Brisbane, Australia! She played for Samoa in the FIBA U-17 Oceania Cup. 6'0" versatile guard/small forward. Pretty cool, and no idea how they got in contact with her. Sounds like someone Anchorage women would sign.

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...021-class.aspx

Comment

Hogging tsull's news. But WOU got one from Texas in 6'6" small forward Griffin Datcher IV. https://twitter.com/GriffinDatcher/s...96830409347072

Comment

Thanks for the update Nation. I'm on vacation and didn't see it. Looks like with all the new signees Western Oregon is up to about 15 players, wow.

Comment

We are getting a late rush of signees. Surprisingly Fairbanks hasn’t signed anyone yet, was just looking at their roster. Seems like they could use some depth past that outstanding 7 or 8 man rotation they have.

Comment

Catching up…UAF signs 6’4 SG from Big Bend of the NWAC Jahvonta Jones. 3 years of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
              Catching up…UAF signs 6’4 SG from Big Bend of the NWAC Jahvonta Jones. 3 years of eligibility.
              Thanks for the update, I heard Big Bend had a really good guard, this must be him. Good size and that 3 years of eligibility is really nice, too.

Comment

UAF released their 21-22 roster and have a couple additions.

6’8 Sophmore F abdullahi mohamed - a transfer from D1 Eastern Washington.

6’3 Redshirt Freshman G Ty Sturm - transfer from D1 Marshall

6’1 Freshman G Markell Jackson - incoming freshman guard from Tukwila Wa.

6’2 Freshman G Jaren Carle - Redshirt Freshman from Anchorage who was originally slated to attend Santiago Canyon College in the California JC league for 2019-20 but had the season wiped out by Covid. Got an opportunity at D2 Fort Lewis, who then changed coaches this summer, before moving to UAF this fall. Very good shooter who will be a nice rotation piece after a year or two of development.
                Last edited by Anchorage; 09-02-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

UAA finalizes their roster with 6’5 Freshman Wing/Forward Luke Devine of Wasilla Ak. Devine was a member of the 2018 state championship team and took last year off from competitive basketball before joining the Seawolves.

Comment

Looks like UAA added some nice players. Always good to get some local players.

Comment

AA got a good one in David Rowlands. He can score and has good handles.

As for my team, Chaminade, had another solid recruiting class.

Coach Bovaird brought in two D1 transfers (Joseph Smoyer from Columbia/Portland and Paris Taylor from Wisconsin-Green bay), a D2 transfer (Zach Mcintire) from #3 ranked Mercyhurst and two JC transfers from Snow college.

The team brings back three other D1 transfers (Jessiya Villa from Hawai’i, Raazhel Watkins from Sac State, Kevin Kremer from Utah) a walk-on starter, and their leading scorer (Isaac Amaral-Artharee).

I’m not sure how this will translate on the court with all the talent, as Chaminade typically underperforms during conference play, “the Maui hangover.”

Looking forward to playing both Alaskan teams to start the season though.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSwordfan View Post
                        AA got a good one in David Rowlands. He can score and has good handles.

As for my team, Chaminade, had another solid recruiting class.

Coach Bovaird brought in two D1 transfers (Joseph Smoyer from Columbia/Portland and Paris Taylor from Wisconsin-Green bay), a D2 transfer (Zach Mcintire) from #3 ranked Mercyhurst and two JC transfers from Snow college.

The team brings back three other D1 transfers (Jessiya Villa from Hawai’i, Raazhel Watkins from Sac State, Kevin Kremer from Utah) a walk-on starter, and their leading scorer (Isaac Amaral-Artharee).

I’m not sure how this will translate on the court with all the talent, as Chaminade typically underperforms during conference play, “the Maui hangover.”

Looking forward to playing both Alaskan teams to start the season though.
                        Great stuff, always good to get some Chaminade and PacWest news, thanks!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X