• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchorage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Surprised Seattle Pacific is getting JC guys usually they build from the preps on up. The guy who averaged 0.8 points a game is just not going to be a factor in D2 ball no matter how good his JC team was. The other guy sounds pretty good.

Nice pickup for the Wildcats in getting Freddie Brown if he still has it.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Verbal Commits got back to me. They say they fell behind. Their website should be up to date now for the GNAC.

Some big news out of CWU, but Montana transfer Freddy Brown III is heading to Ellensburg. He played 3 seasons over 4 years for the Griz, but never seemed to live up to his hype out of high school. He only played in 30 games in those 3 seasons, only averaging 5 minutes per game. He still has 2 seasons left as a grad transfer thanks to COVID, so plenty of time for breakout play. He did win a national title at Nathan Hale, playing alongside the Porter bros and PJ Fuller on a loaded team. Then he was the only returner the following season and averaged nearly 29 ppg.

https://twitter.com/FreddyBrownlll/s...53170774159360

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Verbal Commits seems to be ignoring my messages. But two new players for SPU in Skagit Valley College transfer DJ Clark and Bellevue College transfer Maui Sze. Last season Sze started all 30 games and averaged 15.8 ppg and 4.7 apg. Clark is an interesting recruit who only averaged 0.8 points in 5.3 minutes per game, riding the bench for 2 years on a loaded Cardinals team.

CWU is adding Eastern Wyoming transfer Quincy Taylor, who averaged 13.7 ppg last season.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Sparling tends to recruit the Seattle area Junior College market and find some pretty good players there. I'm guessing he will do that this summer.

UAA should find some good players. They have a great facility and a great City I would think it would be attractive to some guys.

Just on what I know, so far Western Oregon hasn't lost any players or gained any. I'm not sure that's a good thing. They really struggled last year, though I'm more of an old school guy who thinks school should be loyal to players and players should be loyal to schools. I know that's quite out of fashion today.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied
    Last edited by Anchorage; 06-01-2022, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Schumacher transferring to Seattle U, who just lost star PG Darrion Trammell to San Diego State https://twitter.com/_AlexSchumacher/...38164043386880

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    The portal has raided a lot of good D2 players, but also now D2 players are jumping from D2 to D2. I think the hidden recruiting market is the JC's. I know WOU has gone that route and they weren't good last year, but they've found some good talent there. The Cali JC market is loaded and being ignored by D1's. The Oregon and Washington JC markets are solid and good D2 players can be found there. I'd rather go that route than another D2 portal guy. It worked out for Hommes at Point Loma after leaving WWU. WOU's D2 portal guys to UT-Somewhere and San Bernadino had no great improvements in stats at their next stop. And yes, of course I always like the recruiting of high school guys. I get taking some D1 guys if they're committed to winning and not themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Not sure about this Storms guy. He only scored a combined 5 points against Oregon, Notre Dame, and Butler on 1/16 shooting. And Oregon was only and NIT team and Butler didn't even make the postseason!

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post

I find it intriguing that someone is jumping in the portal at his age and with not any glowing stats. I'd think reality would hit and one would want to get a degree and move on in life. To each his own. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but 4 ppg/3 rpg in D2 is just that, not a superstar in the making. Probably decent practice player.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    I find it intriguing that someone is jumping in the portal at his age and with not any glowing stats. I'd think reality would hit and one would want to get a degree and move on in life. To each his own. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but 4 ppg/3 rpg in D2 is just that, not a superstar in the making. Probably decent practice player.

Leave a comment:

• Anchorage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    CWU backup point guard Shden Knight transferring Despite averaging 9 ppg for D1 Long Beach State, he saw his minutes greatly reduced at CWU as the season went on, not even appearing in the GNAC tournament. CWU will certainly be looking for another point guard in the transfer portal to replace the graduating David Thompson.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    NNU's George Reidy to Azusa Pacific. Good hard-nosed player, I think he graduated here in Nampa and might have two years left. I can't remember. Good pick up for APU.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X