Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you don't play, do you have to announce your transfer?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't play, do you have to announce your transfer?

OK, the portal is always an interesting read, but I find it amusing that bad players don't just get out of town quietly. St. Martin's has a guy who averaged 2 ppg in the portal; CWU has a guy who averaged 0.5 ppg announce himself in the portal. Dudes, your options are limited, you didn't play in D2, just where are you portalling to, the local city league? Is everything an announcement these days?

Reminds me of the pitcher in the movie Bull Durham who calls off a curve ball and throws a fast ball because he wants to "announce his presence with authority." The guy was playing Single A ball, there's no authority to announce, thus one of the delights about the movie.

But yeah, this is a "get off my lawn" post, I don't understand everyone posting everything about their lives, even when their lives aren't much. Have fun at your local bible college playing hoop.
    Last edited by tsull; 03-31-2022, 08:43 AM.

What do you mean by announce? Like on Twitter? Because you don't really announce in the portal. You just submit your name and people with access to the portal (like Verbal Commits) may post something about it

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      What do you mean by announce? Like on Twitter? Because you don't really announce in the portal. You just submit your name and people with access to the portal (like Verbal Commits) may post something about it
      Good points; if I averaged 0.5 ppg I might want to keep things quiet ... though the portal can give you exposure, I guess. It seems that Verbal Commits just puts every name in the portal, whether you're good or not. It's a little bit too much navel gazing for me, but I've learned since the advent of social media everyone is great all the time.

Comment

The portal allows coaches to see everyone who is available on the transfer market and also allows players to be recruited while also being allowed to return to their current programs. As far as the publicity goes, that just comes down to media outlets who have access or insiders to provide those sorts of updates.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X