Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAIA up to D2

I don’t know if this has been covered but I just saw it. Menlo, Jessup and Westmont are all jumping from NAIA (GSAC) to the PAC West conference. Westmont will begin play next season and will receive full affiliation in 2025. The other will begin play in 24-25 with full affiliation expected in 2026.
    Last edited by Anchorage; 04-14-2023, 11:56 AM.

In just the West Region. Westmont College joins the PacWest in July and, yes, should have full D2 membership in 2025. Jessup, Menlo College, and Vanguard have applied this year and if approved will join the PacWest in 2024 with full D2 membership anticipated in 2026. California-Merced is working to apply in 2024 and join the CCAA in 2025 with full D2 membership anticipated in 2027. The CCAA will increase to 13 members and the PacWest increases to 14 members.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
      In just the West Region. Westmont College joins the PacWest in July and, yes, should have full D2 membership in 2025. Jessup, Menlo College, and Vanguard have applied this year and if approved will join the PacWest in 2024 with full D2 membership anticipated in 2026. California-Merced is working to apply in 2024 and join the CCAA in 2025 with full D2 membership anticipated in 2027. The CCAA will increase to 13 members and the PacWest increases to 14 members.
      When does the NCAA meet to approve this? June?

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage View Post
        I don’t know if this has been covered but I just saw it. Menlo, Jessup and Westmont are all jumping from NAIA (GSAC) to the PAC West conference. Westmont will begin play next season and will receive full affiliation in 2025. The other will begin play in 24-25 with full affiliation expected in 2026.
        I knew about it, I have a friend who is a Pac West basketball referee so I cruise their website and their Wikipedia page from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

When does the NCAA meet to approve this? June?
          It's July 11-12 so we will know everything by July 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

It's July 11-12 so we will know everything by July 14.
            That seems optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

That seems optimistic.
              The schools are really good at getting their announcements out by Friday of the meeting. We know NCAA takes forever to publish the meeting report and I've never seen the agenda published before the meeting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X