Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC all conference teams

Teams should be out tomorrow or Wednesday, I'd think. I'd guess that Tanner Omlid should get defensive player of the year... And that Tony Miller will get freshman of the year. After that, it's always hard to decide and hard to tell what the coaches will vote on versus us fans.

Re: GNAC all conference teams

There are some great D2 players in the GNAC. Taylor Stafford from WWU was the most impressive to me as I watched him against UAA in person. He's a nightmare matchup in so many ways. It's either him or Wiggs for the POY Award. Wiggs is strictly a scorer, whereas Stafford is more well rounded IMO. If I was picking a team, Stafford would be my top choice, followed by Wiggs.

Comment

Originally posted by lv2hoop View Post
      There are some great D2 players in the GNAC. Taylor Stafford from WWU was the most impressive to me as I watched him against UAA in person. He's a nightmare matchup in so many ways. It's either him or Wiggs for the POY Award. Wiggs is strictly a scorer, whereas Stafford is more well rounded IMO. If I was picking a team, Stafford would be my top choice, followed by Wiggs.
      I thought Stafford was the most talented player I saw this year, followed closely by Wiggs. I thought Omlid was the most well-rounded in his ability to get rebounds, assists, points, steals (led the nation in that area), and play lock-down defense. He filled the stat box well. Miller definitely freshman of the year. I'd go with Barberick as coach of the year, but he probably won't get it.

Comment

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketbal...e-year-honors/

Well deserved for Stafford. Pretty reasonable selections, I agree with them. Maybe Niles could've made 2nd team, but he still has a year to go.

Comment

Good picks, how I would have chosen it, maybe Wiggs as POY, could've gone either way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X