Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA v. WOU

fantastic effort by the wolvess lot of guys contributed great effort by both teams

Comment

Great game all the way around. Really thought UAA was going to pull it off in regulation, in first OT and second OT... And then. Shaw sent his athletes into Parrish over and over. You know that athleticism we (I) were smirking yesterday. They used it tonight well in the third OT to get an edge. That was a really good coaching move to find a way to get around UAA. WOU will have to keep the jacking 3s a little more under control with WWU, unless of course they are hitting them, but if Shaw can find an advantage with the WWU line-up, I'm sure he'll try to use it. Really great game for Devine. I saw him make some great post moves early this year and then he was so quiet for so long and tonight he played really well in finding his offense and coming up with some huge blocks. Also thought Parrish played well too, getting loose balls and ripping balls away. He just got exploited there at the end.
      Last edited by northernGNAChoopfan; 03-04-2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Wait. How did UAA go 3 OTs with only FOUR of their players scoring all their points? I don't think I've ever seen a box score like that

Comment

Epic game, as noted, an instant classic. Yes, only 4 UAA players scored, rather amazing. I like WOU's chances vs. WWU, no margin of error. Faruq-Bey had a great game and he doesn't have to hit 3's to do so -- he was 0 for 4 from outside (though one was at the buzzer). Quick/agile post J.J. Chirnside needs to quit playing to his weakness -- the 3-point shot -- and start posting up slower players. He was 0 for 5 from 3-point land, moving to 30% on the year. Yeah, he hits a couple every 5 games, but he's much better utilizing his length and athleticism in the paint.

Looking for an upset tonight ... and hoping the late-season losses to SFU and CU don't kill the Wolves' season if they do lose to WWU.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
            Wait. How did UAA go 3 OTs with only FOUR of their players scoring all their points? I don't think I've ever seen a box score like that
            It was my son's birthday so only saw the first part of the game - long enough to see WOU go on a 16-0 run or something like that. Didn't walk away with a good feeling and wasn't surprised by the result. Not very hard to defend a team with only 4 scorers on the roster. Had hoped that WOU would get the win after beating UAA - maybe get that second bid. Not looking good now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X