Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional updates

Originally posted by KTodd View Post
    Great job CCAA_Fanatic, you summarized it well. I was at the CBU games, what did you think about the officiating vs UCSD? 72 ft attempts total, 49 in the second half. 3 guys on each team with 4 fouls, 1 guy on each team fouls out. As even as you can get, I'm not whining about the result .. just felt most possessions in the last 12 minutes were dictated by a whistle. Two quality teams, intense on both sides. Good luck to the Tritons.
    It was agonizing... I felt that the officials got into a infinite loop of make-up calls that they couldn't break out of. Happens too often at this level because most of the officials are just average. Felt like both games were excessively officiated. My guess is that after the first night, the officials got an earful in their evaluation about the games being too physical. I thought day one they let a lot of things go that allowed the more physical teams to dictate the action. The pendulum swung too far the other way on day two. I'd rather have it officiated a little too loose than a little too tight! Hopefully, the final will be just right tonight. Unfortunately, I won't be there to see it. Real life kicking in!

Comment

Halftime
      Chico State 37
      UC San Diego 34

First time watching these teams play, I like Chico's athleticism and they are relentless on the offensive boards. Ellis is a stud for Chico. UC San Diego has some nice shooters and are really skilled. UC is a little undersized, but it might just look like that due to Ellis's dominance in the paint in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
        Halftime
        Chico State 37
        UC San Diego 34

First time watching these teams play, I like Chico's athleticism and they are relentless on the offensive boards. Ellis is a stud for Chico. UC San Diego has some nice shooters and are really skilled. UC is a little undersized, but it might just look like that due to Ellis's dominance in the paint in the first half.

Chris Hansen for UCSD is a load. Not long, but a great scorer inside. Defensively, he a little suspect. They are forced to double on the block a lot.

Tritons up 57-51 with 11 min to go...

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
          Halftime
          Chico State 37
          UC San Diego 34

Chico goes through major scoring droughts at times. They live and die on collecting those offensive rebounds. Ellis has been a monster the whole regional. Never seen him play like this, though. Wow!

Comment

Would like to see Chico win it, someone different ... and someone told me last year UCSD is going to win for ages and that WOU got lucky last year. (This from a former WOU employee.)

Go Chico!

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Would like to see Chico win it, someone different ... and someone told me last year UCSD is going to win for ages and that WOU got lucky last year. (This from a former WOU employee.)

Go Chico!

Interesting to see Chico described as "someone different." Last year was UCSD's first good season. Chico had 3 straight CCAA titles and went to the elite eight in 2013. UCSD has never gotten past this spot. But, upsets are fun. I can agree with that!

Chico 78
              UCSD 75
              2:32 left

Comment

What a huge 3! Wow.

Comment

Hey, Chico actually believes in doubling the low-post, what a concept. Pays off big.

Comment

Halftime in Anchorage, Cal Baptist leading Simon Fraser 38-31. Lancers are killing SFU on the boards.

Comment

Chico pulls it off, 94-86! After being the 4th seed in the CCAA tournament, barely beating Dominguez, and getting thumped by UCSD in the second round, they righted the ship to win the region. I think they are a better built team to win in the elite eight than the team they sent in 2013. Good size and athleticism, a couple of shooters, and good guard play. I like their chances to make a dent.

For all those critical of CCAA basketball, how about the scoring in this one! Shot making by both teams, back and forth most of the game. Great game to watch. Good luck to the Wildcats in South Dakota!

Comment

Chico State advances to the Elite 8, defeat the #1 seed UC San Diego 94-86.
                        Tremendous regional play from #6 Chico, defeated the top 3 seeds in the tournament to win the region. To be the best, you gotta beat the best and Chico did that.
                        Congrats.

Comment

The women's game continues late into the night. CBU leads SFU 51-46, end of the 3rd.

Comment

FINAL:

California Baptist 77, Simon Fraser 64

Worth remembering that there are six players from that 2015 National Finalist team still on the Cal Baptist roster. These Lancers are battle tested (it showed in the fourth quarter) and will be a tough out in Sioux Falls.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Lancers pulled away in the 4th, leading by as many as 16, before coasting in for a 77-64 win.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
                                Lancers pulled away in the 4th, leading by as many as 16, before coasting in for a 77-64 win.
                                What in the world happened to UAA? How do they blow that on their home court?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X