Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Football Conferences

Originally posted by dodger View Post
    Isn't Newman going to be an MIAA member?
    When that time comes it will no longer be the case. Right now, however, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
      Can't be many all football conferences in Division II. Can't find any leagues outside of the GAC and NSIC that doesn't have any non-football members.
      Lake Superior State in the GLIAC doesn't have football.

Comment

Newman will be an associate member for FOURTEEN sports out of the twenty that the MIAA sponsors! Full member Northeastern State only sponsors TEN MIAA sports. Time to accept facts, Newman will be a full member. Saying otherwise is just semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
          Just curious, is there a reason why some conferences want/require all of their members to play football?
          "A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall." - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            "A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall." - Vince Lombardi
            Can someone tell that to HSU with the way they seem to be going like the owner tanking in the first Major League movie? WWU and UNO also come to mind as schools to tell it to too.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
              Just curious, is there a reason why some conferences want/require all of their members to play football?
              I am pretty sure that Texas Women's Univ in Denton, Tx (LSC member) is not required to play football. Maybe Women's powder puff intramural football is optional for some of the female athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                I also think it has to do with the culture of the conference. Some schools worry that the non-football schools will vote in ways to de-emphasize football.
                Thats my fear with the heartland LSC merger. With Tarleton looking for their ticket up, it would leave the LSC with 8 football playing schools in a conference with 19 memberd, 11 who do not field a FB team. Its a recipie for disaster if you ask me.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  Thats my fear with the heartland LSC merger. With Tarleton looking for their ticket up, it would leave the LSC with 8 football playing schools in a conference with 19 memberd, 11 who do not field a FB team. Its a recipie for disaster if you ask me.
                  That's I think why the scheduling alliance is being discussed with the GNAC who after this season will have 11 members, 3 football playing and 1 affiliate football school in APU. That is 8 of 11 schools in the GNAC without football.

Comment

The SAC has 8 schools with football programs (including Limestone as a football only member) 4 schools without football programs. The SAC also has a scheduling alliance with UNC Pembroke, and will add Virginia Wise as a member next year.

Fortunately, the SAC's football scholarship cap of 25 was recently lifted. However, unfortunately a required scholarship minimum has not been put in place yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X