• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't expect more D2 FB move ups to FCS

http://www.inforum.com/sports/footba...7Rgy_g.twitter

Re: Don't expect more D2 FB move ups to FCS

won't load for me.

Comment

Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

i guess i have never really understood the appeal of going "up" a level to fcs? what are the reasons behind it? what is the draw? outside of sports what changes or benefits are there for the school?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          won't load for me.
          Strange, it was active earlier.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            won't load for me.
            I just tried it again at 5:18 CDT and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
              i guess i have never really understood the appeal of going "up" a level to fcs? what are the reasons behind it? what is the draw? outside of sports what changes or benefits are there for the school?
              It has caused great increases in donations at NDSU and SDSU. Having also been on the campuses of UND and USD they could probably say the same. If you are a flagship school it works. If you live in a state like Minnesota, Nebraska or Wisconsin where they practice divide and conquer for the one big school it probably doesn't.

Comment

Merrimack (NE10) accepted an invite from the Northeast Conference and will move up. They follow Bryant, who made the move about a decade ago. Merrimack is already Division 1 in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  Merrimack (NE10) accepted an invite from the Northeast Conference and will move up. They follow Bryant, who made the move about a decade ago. Merrimack is already Division 1 in hockey.
                  I believe that they mentioned that in the article. I've seen Merrimack play hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                    So what is the appeal or so special about NCAA D2, why not NAIA

Comment

That writer had one motive when he did his research and he accomplished that goal.

Comment

very interesting story. Gives great insight... these schools are d2 powers also, which helps.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                          NCAA pays for travel in the playoffs and provides grants otherwise?

Comment

That writer had one motive when he did his research and he accomplished that goal.
                            What was that goal?

Comment

No disrespect to NAIA. Big fan of USF growing up, and they had some big time teams and talent..... so does grand and morninside, carroll, etc now. But NAIA football talent aint D2. #Dakota State which is about the same ranking as USF in NAIA would get beat by 20-25 IMO

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X