Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Field Advantage

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    I'm not really opposed to any of it, so long as if it's within reason. It makes the gameday atmosphere almost as much as anything else.
    Agreed, although I went with Announcer, a combination of the first three would be my first option by far.

Comment

I vote other, and say sit your student section behind the visitor side to make as much noise and get in the head of the other team. For a few seasons our baseball team would come to the football games and let the other team have it, you could see it start getting to some of the players from the other team.

Comment

Guy in monkey suit runs across field ..
        and puts bad mojo on opposing team. :wink:
        <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
          Bahahahahaha........

#BlazerNation

Comment

As long as the suit is the "evil monkey" from Family Guy.
            I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
              I vote other, and say sit your student section behind the visitor side to make as much noise and get in the head of the other team. For a few seasons our baseball team would come to the football games and let the other team have it, you could see it start getting to some of the players from the other team.
              GV's student section use to be right behind the visiting team - not sure how much it affected the players but many a visiting parent complained and got pissed - I happen to be dressed up for some reason at a game standing on the sideline and I had some angry visiting parent come and complain to me that the students were yelling things at the players and it wasn't nice - I laughed - that's the point - this isn't high school - now our student section is in both end zones - but to the threads point, let any noise from the fans and the band anything until the ball is set

Comment

I said I would reveal the inspiration for the poll. A couple of weeks ago at a game, a fan (family member probably) of the visiting team approached the press box staff to--I'll be polite--express frustration over the lack of sportsmanship because the home team played music (recorded songs via speakers, not the band) when the visiting team reached 3rd down. The fan was livid because it wasn't fair as the music didn't play when the home team had an upcoming third down play; and that the visiting team didn't do that to their opponents during home games.

I looked it up, the MEC policy is that music (speaker, band) in between plays is acceptable as long as it ceases prior to the Center taking his stance over the ball. And I can attest the home team adhered to that policy. The music did not continue while the Center was over the ball.

Definitely one of the most unique situations I've witnessed at a game.
                I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Ha! I don't know we.....er...I mean teams don't utilize this one more; works every time.
                  Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post
                    I said I would reveal the inspiration for the poll. A couple of weeks ago at a game, a fan (family member probably) of the visiting team approached the press box staff to--I'll be polite--express frustration over the lack of sportsmanship because the home team played music (recorded songs via speakers, not the band) when the visiting team reached 3rd down. The fan was livid because it wasn't fair as the music didn't play when the home team had an upcoming third down play; and that the visiting team didn't do that to their opponents during home games.

I looked it up, the MEC policy is that music (speaker, band) in between plays is acceptable as long as it ceases prior to the Center taking his stance over the ball. And I can attest the home team adhered to that policy. The music did not continue while the Center was over the ball.

Definitely one of the most unique situations I've witnessed at a game.
                    Had this fan been to a sporting event since the public address announcers stopped using a megaphone from the sidelines while standing on a wooden crate?

Comment

Funny mascot moment I have experienced was at a Phoenix Suns game waaaaaay back in the day. They were destroying the Spurs and during a timeout The Gorilla came out in a sailor suit and danced to the Village People's "In the Navy". This was when San Antonio had drafted David Robinson but he was serving his two year commitment after the Naval Academy. The Admiral got the last laugh though by knocking the Suns out of the playoffs in his final season.

I don't know if monkey suits work...but they can be pretty funny.

Comment

I was once told to be quiet at a playoff game because some old guy was not happy with the noise. At a college football game. What the actual hell? Had this guy watched a game on TV before? Go watch golf if you want quiet. I still fume over it to this day.

Comment

Ehh... I think the exact opposite. I prefer a nice sound system over a mediocre band.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                            Ehh... I think the exact opposite. I prefer a nice sound system over a mediocre band.
                            The sound system is obviously louder, but a smart section of band members that is great at trolling is always my favorite. I remember a rather large offensive lineman playing at Northwest one season getting hurt and as he walked back to the locker room, one of the tuba players was making the elephant walk noises (this was more fun as the band was already on the track preparing for half time).

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                              I don't know if monkey suits work...but they can be pretty funny.
                              :good:
                              <>

Comment

Did Valdosta ever get their own "home field"?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X