Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Football Statistical Overview.

I am putting together an online spreadsheet that will show the weekly stats for each of the teams in D2. I think I have everybody in here, but it's a great deal of data, so keep me honest.

If there are additional statistics that you'd like to see added (or have the data reorganized) I'm up for making changes. I'd also like to toss the idea out there to see if anybody is interested in coming up with their own "Power Rankings" to see who (if anybody) can predict the Conference and Super Region Champions. What I'm thinking here is basically a little contest where you come up with your own algorithm based on the available statistics (I can post the full list I have access to)... and the you just let me know and I can create a dedicated tab on the spreadsheet to see can get their power ranking the closest.

If you are interested, let me know and we can get it implemented... I already have thoughts on how I may calculate my Power Ranking...

For example, you could do something like:
    Winning Percentage counts for 75% of the score plus Kickoff Return Average percent of maximum counting for 25%.
    Thus your algorithm would be: ((Winning Percentage_Pct * 0.75) + (Kickoff Returns_Avg * 0.25))

Thus the winningest team with the best kickoff returns would be ranked the highest. Obviously this is a terrible Power Ranking, but it gives you an idea as to what you can do. Again, if you are interested in playing along, just let me know and I'll create the PowerRankings tab to the associated spreadsheet.

And now, what you have all been waiting for:
    THE DATA!!!
    Playoff-W4-Prep Scoring Offense,Scoring Defense,Total Offense,Total Defense,Rushing Offense,Rushing Defense,Pass Offense,Pass Defense,Turnover Margin,Penalty Yards SR1 vs SR4,47.9,18.7,517.5,291.1,237.9,90.5,279.6,200.6,15.0,81.7 Minnesota St.,47.2,12.7,518.5,242.4,299.2,68.2,219.3,174.2,16.0,59...
    Last edited by clintec; 09-24-2019, 06:55 AM. Reason: Updated for Week 3 Statistics.

That's awesome. That had to have been a lot of work! My only suggestion would be to freeze row 1 so that it stays as you scroll down the list.

Comment

Yeah, I have some clean up to do ... I just wanted to get it out there. I am hoping the missing stats are just because the respective schools haven't uploaded them yet.
      I welcome any and all suggestions, so feel free to pass them along. Goal is that this is kept up-to-date weekly!

Also, thanks for the reminder on the Freezing of the top row & left column... DONE!

Comment

Week 2 statistics have been uploaded. Several changes from week 1!

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Updated for week 3.

Comment

Good work, keep it coming!

Comment

Updated for week 4.

Comment

Is there a reason that Western State doesn't have a rating score on the custom rankings page? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                    Is there a reason that Western State doesn't have a rating score on the custom rankings page? Just curious.
                    Yes, unfortunately Western State has not uploaded any of their team statistics to the NCAA all season (or those stats are not getting published).
                    Not exactly certain why, but since I cannot get the statistics I cannot provide a power rating... how is their season going?

Looking at the RMAC website... is "Western State" and "Western Colorado" one in the same? Because I think that I can get stats for "Western Colorado".
                    Last edited by clintec; 09-30-2019, 12:49 PM. Reason: Question About: Western State vs. Western Colorado.

Comment

I am going to assume that they are one in the same... and I have updated the spreadsheet...
                      @canadaican, thanks for the feedback... it gave me the opportunity to go review the data that existed... and I think that I found it.

Please review and let me know if it looks like it matches up.

Thanks again,
                      Clintec.

Comment

Originally posted by clintec View Post

Yes, unfortunately Western State has not uploaded any of their team statistics to the NCAA all season (or those stats are not getting published).
                        Not exactly certain why, but since I cannot get the statistics I cannot provide a power rating... how is their season going?

Looking at the RMAC website... is "Western State" and "Western Colorado" one in the same? Because I think that I can get stats for "Western Colorado".
                        You got her. Sorry. Our toddler decided 3 hours of sleep last night was cool. I'm glad you got it and that Western was actually blank and it wasnt my sleep deprivation

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

You got her. Sorry. Our toddler decided 3 hours of sleep last night was cool. I'm glad you got it and that Western was actually blank and it wasnt my sleep deprivation
                            where did you get your avatar? I want to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

where did you get your avatar? I want to fix it.
                              Haha. It was a picture of Burke-Tarr Stadium that I took several years ago. I made it my avatar...think 3-4 years ago? Don't remember exactly. Maybe it just didn't work well with new forum format IDK.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X