Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic

How many teams can claim a full stadium with over flow crowd and standing room only this year. LR had that today with over ten thousand in attendance at our 8500 capacity stadium. LR was called best game day experience by ESPN in all of Division two.

That's awesome. I have no doubt that was an electric atmosphere! Great win over Wingate. I would imagine hosting a playoff game might even top the experience today.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

12 teams are currently operating at over 100% capacity for the entire season thus far:

Clark Atlanta (434% - I'm thinking maybe their listed stadium capacity is incorrect)
      Simon Fraser (152%)
      Assumption (133%)
      Morehouse (131%)
      Central Washington (130%)
      New Haven (117%)
      Franklin Pierce (110%)
      Grand Valley State (110%)
      CSU Pueblo (109%)
      Pittsburg State (107%)
      Tarleton State (106%)
      NW Missouri State (100.5%)

And those are for the season. Between 2-5 home games for each of them, and that is their average % capacity in all home games.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Was surprised at how small the stadium capacity is at NWMS and Pittsburgh State. Would not take much to fill a 6500 seat stadium with around 7 thousand student enrollment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
          Was surprised at how small the stadium capacity is at NWMS and Pittsburgh State. Would not take much to fill a 6500 seat stadium with around 7 thousand student enrollment.
          Shots fired! Lol.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Grand Valley enrollment over 25,000 students and just a 10,000 seat stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                  How many teams can claim a full stadium with over flow crowd and standing room only this year. LR had that today with over ten thousand in attendance at our 8500 capacity stadium. LR was called best game day experience by ESPN in all of Division two.
                  While I think you should be proud of how LRU has improved over the last 10 years, a random ESPN announcer doesn't have the first clue about what is or isn't the best atmosphere in Division II.

Comment

Yea then that is wrong. Their listed stadium capacity on the NCAA stats website is 500.

Comment

GV is lucky to get more than 1,000 students at any game besides the home opener. So.

Comment

Since your focus was on student population, are you telling me that every current LRU student bought four tickets each? After all, 2,700 students and an attendance of 10,046 at the game? I take it you didn't attend since you're not a student?

Listen, I don't care what opinion anyone has but if we're going to brag or throw shade, we should do it with as much relevant information as possible.
                        x
                        School Stadium Capacity Enrollment Cap % Town Cap % County Cap%
                        Lenoir-Rhyne 8,500 2,700 314.8% 40,925 20.7% 157,974 5.3%
                        Pittsburg State 8,343 6,537 127.6% 20,216 41.2% 39,034 21.3%
                        Northwest Missouri 6,500 7,104 91.4% 11,757 56.1% 22,472 28.9%
                        Grand Valley 10,444 22,063 47.3% 26,059 40.7% 286,383 3.6%
                        x
                        Pittsburg State and Northwest Missouri have a much larger stadium capacity when compared to town and county population, otherwise known as fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

While I think you should be proud of how LRU has improved over the last 10 years, a random ESPN announcer doesn't have the first clue about what is or isn't the best atmosphere in Division II.
                          I didn't want to be the one to say it...

Comment

Your right Brandon ESPN should not be making those kinda of remarks. I think they should have to recant those comments at the next game they do. Also LR has been around for football 100 years this year and has had many periods of success during that time. You might want to talk to Chuck B. for he is claiming the same thing ESPN was.

Comment

I once worked in Hickory NC. If the Crawdads are out of season, I'm sure the population needs somewhere to go on Saturdays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X