Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argos also ran off four straight on the road in 2017, and they started as the 7th seed in SR2. Unfortunately, Commerce ended our run.The Argos love the road, man!!

Comment

* 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

With road wins over #1 Valdosta State, #6 Lenoir-Rhyne and #2 Ferris State on 3 consecutive weekends the Argos have ended the three longest home field winning streaks in Division 2 football in a matter of 15 days.

Nov 30 - Dec 14 (15 days)

SAT, NOV 30
        #1 VALDOSTA STATE
        VALDOSTA, GA.
        W 38-35

SAT, DEC 7
        #6 LENOIR-RHYNE
        HICKORY, N.C.
        W 43-38

SAT, DEC 14
        #2 FERRIS STATE
        BIG RAPIDS, MICH.
        W 28-14
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

For the forth straight week the Argos will be the underdog. Massey has Mankato as a 7.5 point favorite.

Comment

think so - Gv won all their road games on the way to the NC back in 2003 - but they only had 3 road games to get to the NC game then - but the NC game was on the road so...they won 4 on the road too!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Let's end up being the Wisconson-Whitewater of D2 football. I'm perfectly happy with that. For the record, I wasn't kidding in the regular season when I was telling Valdosta fans there is a new powerhouse in D2 football. 2 Natty games in the first 4 years of the program.
              Before you become a powerhouse or Wisconsin-Whitewater, what color uni's are y'all wearing next weekend?

Based on Billy4's posts that might determine your success or failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                For the forth straight week the Argos will be the underdog. Massey has Mankato as a 7.5 point favorite.
                GO Screamin' Eagles!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Before you become a powerhouse or Wisconsin-Whitewater, what color uni's are y'all wearing next weekend?

Based on Billy4's posts that might determine your success or failure.
                  I believe the majestic all-white, sir. #hatersgonnahate
                  Thanks for being a stop on the trap tour. Sorry about taking over your trap. #notsorry
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I believe the majestic all-white, sir. #hatersgonnahate
                    Thanks for being a stop on the trap tour. Sorry about taking over your trap. #notsorry
                    I'm acttually not a hater. Have a lot of respect for Shinnick and what he's done in a short time. Also think the world of Kaleb Nobles and his whole family. What a fine young many and a great job as well.

Trap tour? Let's see if you can make it to 25 straight. If so you'll be flirting with becoming a powerhouse (but you won't have 4 NC's (yep, for the last 15 years we've averaged winning one every 3 3/4 years)).

Have fun this weekend (I think you're going to have your hands full getting your first).

#actlikeyou'vebeentherebefore
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-15-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I'm actually not a hater. Have a lot of respect for Shinninck and what he's done. Also think the world of Kaleb Nobles and his whole family. What a great job he's done as well.

I do feel like I've stepped back into middle school when I read some of y'alls posts. #actlikeyou'vebeentherebefore
                      Dude, you can't put an apostrophe in a hashtag. Any middle schooler would know that. If this is middle school we just took over your TRAPper keeper. Hahaha.
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Dude, you can't put an apostrophe in a hashtag. Any middle schooler would know that. If this is middle school we just took over your TRAPper keeper. Hahaha.
                        Of course I can (oh, lord - I've stepped into the grammar patrol at the middle school).

You need to quit worrying about what I typed and go get your hotel reservation (otherwise you'll be staying at a Motel 6 fifty miles away from the stadium and you'll miss all the fun stuff that'll be going on. I tried to give you a little guidance in another thread).

BTW, did you see where Minnesota State held the highest scoring offense in D2 to just 2 touchdowns this weekend? Held Roland to <200 yards passing.

Mav's have the #1 ranked defense in D2. Shinnick has his work cut out figuring out how to score on the Mav's (of course Slippery Rock had on their grey pants with green shirts, which certainly made a difference).
                        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-15-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Of course I can (oh, lord - I've stepped into the grammar patrol at the middle school).

You need to quit worrying about what I typed and go get your hotel reservation (otherwise you'll be staying at a Motel 6 fifty miles away from the stadium and you'll miss all the fun stuff that'll be going on - I tried to give you a little guidance in another thread).
                          I booked shortly after my first message at the Omni Frisco Hotel in the north Dallas area. I don't mind hopping back and forth a little. It's a short drive.
                          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

BTW, did you see where Minnesota State held the highest scoring offense in D2 to just 2 touchdowns this weekend? Held Roland to <200 yards passing.

Mav's have the #1 ranked defense in D2. Shinnick has his work cut out figuring out how to score on the Mav's (of course Slippery Rock had on their grey pants with green shirts, which certainly made a difference).
                            Minnesota State looks awesome! It's easy to see why they have the #1 defense in D2.
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I booked shortly after my first message at the Omni Frisco Hotel in the north Dallas area. I don't mind hopping back and forth a little. It's a short drive.
                              Hope you have a great trip. McKinney is an amazing high school facility.

Comment

It's clear that UWF's Coach Shinnick is a players coach, they play as hard as they can for him, and have fun while doing it.

My Ole Bud down at UNC Pembroke said that when Coach Shinnick started up their Braves Football program, he quickly earned the respect of not only the players, but also their parents, and students. Coach Shinnick had a zero tolerance policy for the players skipping classes, failing a class (and yes, he checked all of the time), or even simple things like his players not opening doors for others on campus. This zero tolerance policy also included profanity being used by anyone on the team, including the full coaching staff. It became crystal clear for the players (including the most talented on the team) that breaking any rules meant they would be riding the pine for the next game or games. He helped make better men out of the young student athletes.

You can't help but pull for a coach that believes in values over playing time.

Best of luck with the National Championship game Coach Shinnick!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X