Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides D2 game, which football game on 12/15/18 interests you the most?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Besides D2 game, which football game on 12/15/18 interests you the most

Funny how people claim that the MIAA isn't as strong now as it was, yet two teams that recruit in the same geographic area are playing for the NAIA championship; Benedictine and Morningside.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
      Funny how people claim that the MIAA isn't as strong now as it was, yet two teams that recruit in the same geographic area are playing for the NAIA championship; Benedictine and Morningside.
      Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Lol. Yeah, I chuckled when I read that.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
          Lol. Yeah, I chuckled when I read that.
          If that theory were to hold any water, Texas and Florida lead the US as states with elite football recruits for the last several years, so the LSC and GSC must be strongest.
          Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

I don't remember there ever being nearly this many games on the same day as the NC game.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
              I don't remember there ever being nearly this many games on the same day as the NC game.
              There hasn't been. This year there are 11 football games (2 NFL, 5 DI-A/FBS, 2 DI-AA/FCS, 1 D2, 1 NAIA) played on the day of the D2 championship game, whereas last year there were 10 games (only one NFL game was played on Saturday 12/16/17). The number dramatically increased about five years ago because 1) more DI-A/FBS bowl games have been added in recent years and the first Saturday of bowl season is an attractive date for games and 2) the MEAC and SWAC decided to not send their champions to the DI-AA playoffs and instead decided to hold an unofficial HBCU championship game, aka the Celebration Bowl, to increase their visibility (which most definitely HAS occurred).

It would even more crowded had the NCAA and ESPN not agreed to move the D3 title game to a Friday night.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X